TOMTOM GO 750 EUROPE 45 Maps does it work in Canary Islands — TomTom Community

TOMTOM GO 750 EUROPE 45 Maps does it work in Canary Islands

TOM TOM GO 750 EUROPE 45, Can ANYONE HELP ME? I have the aforementioned device (approx. 9 years since purchased) usually works in the mainland of SPAIN and all of Europe and I also purchased a map for Australia which worked a few years ago, My QUESTION is: does the EUROPE maps include the Canary Islands? As to date the device is not picking up ANY GPS signal here on the Canary islands?

Can ANYONE advise me hopefully ASAP, as I really need to use the device immidiately as on Grand Canaria NOW?
Thank you in advance for any information that you can supply me?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,542 Superuser
    @Pedro en Espana

As long as the map is of Spain then it should find "Grand Canaria"

But first do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • Pedro en EspanaPedro en Espana Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hola Niall,
    I thank you for your fast and very informative reply and advise. I followed your instructions and now the "TomTom Go 750 Europe 45 device" does calculate where it is located and shows routes here on the island of Grand Canaria.
    I commend you for your excellent knowledge and advise given this evening.... now I can use this Tom Tom devise here on Canary islands.....excellent! Thank you so much for your help