POLL - Connectivity issues after updating to 1.6.26/ 1.7.53 - Page 4 — TomTom Community

POLL - Connectivity issues after updating to 1.6.26/ 1.7.53

124»

Comments

• Rodrigo82Rodrigo82 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    After reseting watch to factory defaults using TomTom Sports Connect (software PC) my problem was solved.
  • eaudeeaude Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    [h3]VERSION 1.7.62 RELEASED[/h3]Released on 15 December 2017 This update applies to: Runner 2 Cardio GPS Watch, Runner 2 Cardio Music GPS Watch, Runner 2 Music GPS Watch, Spark Cardio GPS Fitness Watch, Spark Cardio Music GPS Fitness Watch, Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch:
    • Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.
    [h3]CAN ANYONE HERE CONFIM IF THE UPDATE FIXES THE CONNECTIVITY ISSUES?[/h3]
  • eaudeeaude Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Rodrigo82 wrote:
    After reseting watch to factory defaults using TomTom Sports Connect (software PC) my problem was solved.

Did you by any chance update it to the latest (Dec 15th) firmware?
  • Rodrigo82Rodrigo82 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    eaude wrote:
    Rodrigo82 wrote:
    Did you by any chance update it to the latest (Dec 15th) firmware?
    I don't remember. But my Runner 1 shows 1.8.5.2 firmware and my Sports Connect shows version 3.3.6.
  • giving upgiving up Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    TOMTOM are not very good at this. Imagine if you were in need of the thing working, you need directions to get safe and this [email protected] happens. every time I update I lose connectivity. Perhaps it is time to pay the interns so we get proper software?

iOS 11.0.3
    spark3 v1.7.53
    to answer the question about if the latest version of software has helped. If there was a way of knowingly updating the software then I would try it. Is crapnect a way to do it? Nah. This website? Nah. Last time I got an update I couldn't tell you how I did it otherwise I would do it again.

I know feck all about software but this appears to be more than the people at tom-tom. Let me give you this tip. I plug my watch into my computer and launch crapnect. Now give me a button to press that says update software. Then I could end up with the latest version- one that will, of course, work. If crapnect is meant to do that automatically, it doesn't as I have plugged my watch in many times across the year with our receiving an update.
  • edsteredster Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have no connection issues, but my battery life sucks now with the 1.7.53. I can on only record about 3 hours worth.
    If you beg nicely enough, the great software gods at tomtom might let you have 1.7.60.

This gets things working almost almost as well as they used to. Don’t expect the symbols on your watch mean anything logical in this version. In the good old days you could tell when your watch and phone were communicating. That’s now a forgotten dream.