TomTom Go 500 not responding after update — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 500 not responding after update

My Go 500 was working perfectly until I installed the latest software update, it now boots very slowly and when I touch a menu item it may respond after 30 seconds or the screen goes black and comes back with a dim map screen. I tried a reset by holding the power for 30 seconds and have reinstalled map from PC and deleted voices to free up space although it has 828mb free. From the boot loader screen I can see that it is using 489 of the 498 MB memory in the device so it looks like the latest code for the TomTom app is too much for the device. There seems to be no way to restore or revert to an older software ?? Has anyone experienced this ?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,806
    Superuser
    @mcq1

Do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)