Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 21 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    @Loovoo @ws01 @pandasunny You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect.

For strap replacement queries, you can visit the link here : https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

Cheers, lampard
  • MissWanaMissWana Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @tiagojbtf @Clopes @wemeldinge @efmbrito @MissWana @erkankasirga @Peter1980 @Fenixfenix You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you are using the phone notifications feature.

@JoG1111 Which smartphone you're using?Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove your sports watch from phone’s list of paired Bluetooth:registered: devices? Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard

Hi
    My watch can connect to my phone now. Thank you very much @lampard
  • cwjsmithcwjsmith Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard,

I have PM'd you if you can take a look asap please.

Kind Regards
  • ws01ws01 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @Loovoo @ws01 @pandasunny You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect.

For strap replacement queries, you can visit the link here : https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

Cheers, lampard
    Thanks - now working on 1.7.60!
  • ajsmithyajsmithy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I see that v1.7.62 appears to be released today...Is that a good stable version that resolves all the issues of 1.7.53 & 1.7.60??

I'm currently running v1.7.60 with battery, heart rate and Bluetooth headphone issues all thrown in :(

how do we upgrade to the new 1.7.62 version? I've tried to re-install the app and software but nothing?

Cheers
  • pandasunnypandasunny Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:

Cheers, lampard

Thank you. Now I can connect my watch to iPhone again. Thanks @lampard .
  • JoG1111JoG1111 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @JoG1111 Which smartphone you're using?Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove your sports watch from phone’s list of paired Bluetooth:registered: devices? Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard

Forgetting the watch in the Bluetooth menu on the iphone fixed it, thanks so much!!
  • vliegendekeepervliegendekeeper Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Can ik get de upgrade tot 1.7.60, i can't connect to my IPhone 7 with Spark 2.
  • DieLieDieLie Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    According to release notes version 1.7.62 should be availabe for Runner 3. But when I connect no download comes available?
  • krøyerkrøyer Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DieLie wrote:
    According to release notes version 1.7.62 should be availabe for Runner 3. But when I connect no download comes available?

I have same issue
  • RH3421RH3421 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have an iphone 5s which as others have said Runner 3 syncd to phone perfectly until update v 1.7.53. I have tried forgetting phone and getting BT to find watch and this just is not happening. Like others site says new version available but watch remains on v1.7.53. How do we fix this - is factory reset only option? I am shocked this is so hard to fix and having loved my Runner 3 and recommended it to others - it is really hard to recommend it to anyone at the moment
  • Lorna TLorna T Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch and phone will also not sync and it's driving me mad. I have version 1.7.53 and have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to get the new version to see if that helps. I have connected watch to laptop ect but it's still on v 1.7.53. Any help would be great, thanks.
  • erkankasirgaerkankasirga Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @nan0115 Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove your sports watch from phone’s list of paired Bluetooth® devices? Let us know the outcome!

@erkankasirga @daiduongvo18Are there any issues with your watch?The software version 1.7.60 is a workaround for the users suffering from the pairing issue.

@RunnerAl You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you are using the phone notifications feature.

@Catman1789 I can see that the version 1.7.60 is already installed on your Spark watch.

Cheers, lampard

Yes, after upgrading the firmware to version 1.7.53, I face the challenge of pairing.
    It would be nice if the previous version or v1.7.60 is used for me.
  • MarloesvkMarloesvk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    How can I get the 1.7.60 version? I'm tired of the syncing problem. Not where I bought this watch for...
  • ReinesteinReinestein Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, please make the 1.7.60 update available. That would be great :thumbsup:
  • erkankasirgaerkankasirga Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I installed v1.7.60 with Sports Connect. There is still a problem with the bluetooth disconnect. After connecting 20-30 minutes after the notification and disconnects the connection.
  • JaZ65JaZ65 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello TomTom, I have the firmware 1.7.53 on the Runner 3. Since then i have problems tot connect tot my Phone (Samsung Galaxy S8 +), the batterie is draining much faster and my biggest problem is to find the GPS. Sometimes i have to wait for up to 5 minutes befor i can run.
    I read that there is a new update and hope that the problems then are over but i cant download him. Can you set the 1.7.62 free so i can install it.

Thx in advance
    Greeting John
  • EkalocheEkaloche Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

Having the same issues here. i-phone 6 app 'connecting', watch shows PIN for split second and then kicks back out to menu. Please help!

Thank you,
    Erica
    Hi,

Can you please make v1.7.62 available to me so I can see if it resolves all the issues of the previous versions.
    So far I have Bluetooth pairing issue with Headphones and iPhone, the heart rate monitor does not work and the battery is running out in less than 48 hours.
    I'm running v1.7.60 which I think is actually worse than v1.7.53 as at least with that version it was only phone sync that failed.

Please resolve this Tom Tom...as it stands i would not recommend your watch products within my running community as the firmware revisions have done nothing but totally ruin my experience of the watch :angry:
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    Hi All,

We've released 1.7.62 to 5% of users only. This is neither a fix for the pairing issues nor a fix for the battery issues.

The build solves two critical issues that are not visible to you as an end-user. There's an issue with the optical heart rate monitor on watches that have not yet left the factory and another is an issue with watches causing data peaks on our servers.

@vliegendekeeper @RH3421 @Lorna T @Marloesvk @Reinestein @JaZ65 @Ekaloche You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you are using the phone notifications feature.

[user=536556]krøyer[/user] Are there any issues with your watch?The software version 1.7.60 is a workaround for the users suffering from the pairing issue.

@erkankasirga Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove your sports watch from phone’s list of paired Bluetooth®️ devices?

Cheers, lampard
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

We've released 1.7.62 to 5% of users only. This is neither a fix for the pairing issues nor a fix for the battery issues.

The build solves two critical issues that are not visible to you as an end-user. There's an issue with the optical heart rate monitor on watches that have not yet left the factory and another is an issue with watches causing data peaks on our servers.

@vliegendekeeper @RH3421 @Lorna T @Marloesvk @Reinestein @JaZ65 @Ekaloche You can connect your watch and the software with the old Bluetooth stack (v1.7.60) will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted by this software version if you are using the phone notifications feature.

[user=536556]krøyer[/user] Are there any issues with your watch?The software version 1.7.60 is a workaround for the users suffering from the pairing issue.

@erkankasirga Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove your sports watch from phone’s list of paired Bluetooth®️ devices?

Cheers, lampard

Hi @Lampard,

I do not understand why Tom Tom would take the time effort to resolve problems that are not even visible to the end user yet ignore the complaints of their user base?

If v1.7.62 does not resolve the issues that can you please advise me on how to revert back to v1.7.53 because I'd rather have to plug my watch in and not use Bluetooth than lose all the other functions that v1.7.60 upwards brings

Kind Regards
  • krøyerkrøyer Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,
    Cheers, lampard

Hi
    yes an no :relaxed:
    yes to no sms notifications from Iphone 6 on the wacth (ok with phone call)
    no to the pairing issue
  • NicolasGry88NicolasGry88 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So as everyone I upgraded my TomTom Spark to 1.7.53 without checking for any known issues. Lesson to be learnt.
    How can I get hold of 1.7.60, as it seems to fix the pairing issue?
    The desktop application doesn't prompt me to download any new version.

Thanks
  • ClopesClopes Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Good afternoon,

after installing version 1.7.60, unfortunately the problem persists, the mobile phone detects the clock but the pin does not appear on the watch and the phone is always trying to make the connection. I have a suggestion, since you are so difficult to make an application compatible with all mobile phones, I suggest that you update the clock for, at least, in the end of the race or any other exercise, we can get more information of the same, example, times km to km. Hoping that the santa claus will bring an update that works, a hug hugi86a1521c-44cb-4546-8d75-7daba9f7c20c.jpg6592e8d2-0936-4938-ad64-d344c0506e22.png to all
  • mwasowiczmwasowicz Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Can you please make v1.7.62 available to me so I can see if it resolves all the issues of the previous versions.
    So far I have Bluetooth pairing issue with Huawei p8 lite.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0