Strap design and care instructions — TomTom Community

Strap design and care instructions

DerridaDerrida Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi

I bought my TomTom Spark 3 about a year ago. At first I was very satisfied with the device but after 12 months of everyday use I am very disappointed.

One major disappointment has been the quality of the straps. I have had to replace mine twice this year. I just don't think it's fair that you have to use 70 euros a year just to keep the watch on your wrist. (Don't get me started about the battery life that has been eroding like no other...)

To me it looks like the issue is with the design. I base this on the fact that the straps have broken from the very same spot every time.

My question is: is there anything I can do to bump up the longevity of the straps?083b400f-7686-4578-bde0-b8d712ee8b86.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,849
    Superusers
    Why are you buying new straps? They are covered under the warranty. TomTom has a self service site where you can get replacement straps:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/strap_repair

As far as longevity goes I have never had one fail. I do not remove the watch from the strap to charge (the charger is designed to slip between the watch and the strap) and when I put it on and take it off I do not yank on the strap, I tighten it gently so it doesn't tear the rubber.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DerridaDerrida Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Oh wow. I feel pretty stupid right now. I had no idea that the straps too were covered under the warranty.

Thanks for letting me know.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,849
    Superusers
    Derrida wrote:
    Oh wow. I feel pretty stupid right now. I had no idea that the straps too were covered under the warranty.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • jjkamfferjjkamffer Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Where to get a replacement strap, watch still under guarantee
  • BrunoAlvesBrunoAlves Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    I had the same exact problem. I replaced 4 (yes, FOUR) straps under warranty during the 2-years period, all were broken in that same place.

Since I'm now out of warranty, I bought a compatible strap on eBay, $5 and it lasted over 6 months already, which is more or less the same the original ones did. And it's still not damaged yet. It actually reminds me that I need to order some more.