TomTom Touch: How to change my standard activity from gym to running? — TomTom Community

TomTom Touch: How to change my standard activity from gym to running?

Mariekez81Mariekez81 Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
I wondered how I can change the standard activity of my tomtom touch. Now he automatically saves everything as a gym workout while I use it mostly for running. I have to manually change every activity to running which annoys me quite a bit honestly. I've checked and rechecked all the setting, and can't find it. i also can't find anything about it in the manual.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,463
    Superusers
    Mariekez81 wrote:
    I wondered how I can change the standard activity of my tomtom touch. Now he automatically saves everything as a gym workout while I use it mostly for running. I have to manually change every activity to running which annoys me quite a bit honestly. I've checked and rechecked all the setting, and can't find it. i also can't find anything about it in the manual.

You can't since it only has gym mode, running mode is only available on the sports watches, not the activity tracker. I am surprised you chose this for running over one of the Spark watches as the Touch does not record distance or track your route for display on a map for outdoor running nor does it track distance on a treadmill. If you are using it for running you would be better off with a sports watch, unless your only concern is HR in which case you will be fine, but you will be unable to set running as a default. you will have to manually change it each time.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • JR23JR23 Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Is this true? From all details i've seen when searching for a proper sports tracking device it looked like this had multiple sport activities covered. I'm very surprised this default activity can't be changed. Added value is almost 0 comparing to Xiao Mi whrist band for 20€.
    I'm very disappointed. I was looking for Spark 3 but then thought this could serve my needs.
    I will sell my tom tomtouch then...useless for me.
    Superusers
    The Touch is not a sports tracking device, it is a daily activity tracker, counting things like steps and calories burned. For sports you need a sports watch like the Spark series.
    Exactly. So it doesnt make any sense to say that there is one sports mode on it and it tracks all activities. Multisports mode. Because leads people into wrong perception of what this is.

And so, xiao mi and others do more or less the same for more than half the price.
    Superusers
    It does not say it has multisports modes or tracks all activities. It tracks daily activity, not sports activities. If the Mi is so much better then return the TT and get one of those.
    From this description i would assume so but maybe that's just me. But if says running stats... Running stats with touch is just time and HR monitor i think. No distance. dd61b406-14e0-4d2c-869e-67b5887f13cf.png
    Superusers
    It says intensity, not distance, which is measured by HR. I think you read too much into it.