Allergic reaction or what?

Anette J.TAnette J.T Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
So now I have my clock on the other hand.
Allergic reaction to the strap or what? What should I do?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    Anette J.T wrote:
    So now I have my clock on the other hand.
    Allergic reaction to the strap or what? What should I do?

It looks like you may be sensitive to the rubber used, but it also looks like the watch is a bit tight as well as it is digging into your arm and pinching it. It just needs to be secure, it does not need to be super tight. It should be snug but not uncomfortable. In fact, having it too tight can actually cut off the circulation. I would try loosening it up a bit and seeing if that helps.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Anette J.TAnette J.T Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    but it also looks like the watch is a bit tight as well as it is digging into your arm and pinching it.
    No it's not to tight. I can't have it looser.
    So should I report this to someone, that I got an allergic reaction to the strap?
    Anette J.T wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    but it also looks like the watch is a bit tight as well as it is digging into your arm and pinching it.
    No it's not to tight. I can't have it looser.
    So should I report this to someone, that I got an allergic reaction to the strap?

I am not sure who you would report it to. You can call Customer Support and they can arrange a return if you bought it from TomTom (go to the retailer if you bought it elsewhere). The straps are what they are, they do not have hypoallergenic versions of them. I would also give the band a good scrubbing in case some sort of irritant got on it and that is causing the issue. I would expect an allergic reaction to be everywhere the watch is touching the skin, not just on one edge (which is why i surmise you were wearing it too tight).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • AdlerGAdlerG Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've got the same problem, any help on the issue. thanks
  • anguus24anguus24 Posts: 32 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Me too... I dont think what they could so...?
  • AdlerGAdlerG Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi everyone,
    in the mean time what you should do is to swap the watch between your 2 hands, it means that you'll keep your skin to dry a bit instead of keeping it in the same hand 24 hours a day. till they'll find a final solution for it.
    I think as it mentioned above it an allergy of the rubber. I had a Tom tom multi-sport for more than a year and I didn't experienced such problem with my skin.

I hope it might be helpful.
    take care.
    AdlerG wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    in the mean time what you should do is to swap the watch between your 2 hands, it means that you'll keep your skin to dry a bit instead of keeping it in the same hand 24 hours a day. till they'll find a final solution for it.
    I think as it mentioned above it an allergy of the rubber. I had a Tom tom multi-sport for more than a year and I didn't experienced such problem with my skin.

I hope it might be helpful.
    take care.

It will also help not to wear it in the shower or if you do to take it off and thoroughly dry your skin before putting it back on. You should also remove the watch occasionally and wipe off the wrist and the watch. If you wear anything for 24/7 it is prone to cause issues as the skin is never exposed to the air to naturally air out.

• Anette J.TAnette J.T Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    It will also help not to wear it in the shower or if you do to take it off and thoroughly dry your skin before putting it back on. You should also remove the watch occasionally and wipe off the wrist and the watch. If you wear anything for 24/7 it is prone to cause issues as the skin is never exposed to the air to naturally air out.

24/7? I wear my watch when I have activities. And that is 2-4 H/day.
    And are you working for TomTom? If not I would like someone from that company to reply this topic.

Good to know that I'm not the only one that having an allergic reaction to the strap.
    Anette J.T wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:

24/7? I wear my watch when I have activities. And that is 2-4 H/day.
    And are you working for TomTom? If not I would like someone from that company to reply this topic.

Good to know that I'm not the only one that having an allergic reaction to the strap.

Most people wear it 24/7 as it is a 24/7 daily activity tracker. If you are wearing it for 2-4 hours a day then your reaction is more unusual. No one from TT is going to reply to you here, this is a user forum for users to share experiences, ideas, etc.. If you want to talk to someone with TT you need to call Customer Support. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

• riotrickriotrick Posts: 28 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I get this on a lot of watches. Especially when it's warm outside and you sweat a bit. Some materials in bands seem to be a lot worse for me than others. Like the metal in the clips is completely a no-go for me. Fortunately this band has been fine for me so far. On a regular watch I would suggest getttng a different type of band, but with these types of sports watches your pretty much out of luck.

Only thing you can do is not wear it on the same arm too long. Maybe switch from left to right arm daily, That might alleviate it somewhat.
  • AbouelletteAbouellette Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In response to the two pictures. I have the tomtom and and I had a rash that almost looked like a chemical burn that covered the whole inner part of my wrist. I have put neosporen on it from time to time, causing it to sting a little.
  • toeknee10toeknee10 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have the TomTom Spark and after a few months of wearing I have developed a red rash on my wrist. It is right where the metal connectors touch the skin. I do not wear my watch 24/7. Just when I run and walk. I use it for the mp3 feature. Anyone else have this issue?
    And yes I take off daily and clean it.