Unable to pair with 1.7.60

buduel
buduel Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Even after updating to version 1.7.60, I am still unable to pair the watch to my phone. I unpaired it from my phone before I began and I did a factory reset afterwards. It still doesn't work.

Any solution?

Comments

• Alez
    Alez Registered Users Posts: 92
    Master Explorer
    It happens to me the same with the 1.7.53 in a Runner 3.
  • buduel
    Master Traveler
    @Ale The 1.7.60 version was supposed to fix the pairing issue.
  • Alez
    Master Explorer
    @buduel
    Thanks for the data, I did not know, I still do not have the new version, what model do you have?
  • buduel
    Master Traveler
    @Alez Spark (first version). So I tried it again today and it worked. I have no idea why. It wasn't working for days. This watch is very unpredictable.
  • Alez
    Master Explorer
    :thumbsup_tone2:
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    Robinm wrote:
    I’m having the same issue with my runner2 watch. Since the update to 1.7.60 it refuses to pair with my iPhone running Tom Tom Sports 10.0.0. I’ve tried a factory reset on the watch and redownliading the phone app, and forgetting and re-pairing the watch. Sometimes it gets as far as the pairing screen on the watch that shows the code for Bluetooth pairing but only for a fraction of a second before flicking back to the previous display. Very frustrating!
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated (it has been over three months so I would not hold my breath). In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088