Spark 3 sport watch - battery power depletion issue

stewpottinger
stewpottinger Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Dear Sir, Please can you help with a battery power depletion issue I am experiencing with my Spark 3 sport watch.
I can fully charge my watch and view the symbol telling me it is fully charged, but within less than an hour, and even perhaps less than half an hour, the battery power available shows it depleted to less than half.
I find this very frustrating and am unable to depend on the power availability for any prolonged activity I may embark on.
I have gone to great lengths to switch off all the modes as far as possible, including selecting synching manage mode to manual in order to prevent the watch from continually seeking my I phone for synching purposes.
I must add that the depletion happens despite no demands at all being made on the watch, in other words just sitting idle from the moment of disconnecting from the charging power supply.
Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards,

Stewart Pottinger.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • stewpottinger
    Neophyte Traveler
    Dear tfarabaugh,
    Thank you very much for your prompt response.
    Following my post I subsequently sought further help and, sure enough, by following the "factory reset" procedure that was suggested it appears to have solved the problem.
    So I can concur that your suggestion to "factory reset" is the solution in this case.
    Again, thank you for your kind help.
  • stewpottinger
    Neophyte Traveler
    Dear tfarabaugh,
    Further to my reply to you in favour of your suggestion of "factory reset" to correct my battery deletion problem, I found this, in retrospect, to be just a very temporary fix.
    I followed this by contacting Customer Services and it seems a repair is in order. I am fortunately within my 2 year warranty and so I am following instructions to send it off for repair.
    There seems to be an update, 1.7.60, available that possibly corrects an issue or two. (Just an added idea for now).
    Thanks again and I hope my input helps.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Dear tfarabaugh,
    Further to my reply to you in favour of your suggestion of "factory reset" to correct my battery deletion problem, I found this, in retrospect, to be just a very temporary fix.
    I followed this by contacting Customer Services and it seems a repair is in order. I am fortunately within my 2 year warranty and so I am following instructions to send it off for repair.
    There seems to be an update, 1.7.60, available that possibly corrects an issue or two. (Just an added idea for now).
    Thanks again and I hope my input helps.

The 1.7.60 update fixed BT problems, not battery problems.