Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 13 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• simoncavsimoncav Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same as everyone else, my Runner 3 watch cannot be linked to my IOS phone since the 1.7.53. How on earth can a company writing software make such a fundamental cock-up - Ever heard of testing?

Oh and the heartbeat monitor does not work either - Is this another "upgrade issue?"
  • godnelsongodnelson Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi jurgen, can you revert my firmware to 1.3.255? This last update sucks!!!

Or 1.6.26 if the pin issue o bluetooth connection is fixed.
  • smsazucarsmsazucar Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    1.7.53 dramatically reduced my battery life also. But my husband's Spark is just fine? My watch I bought 2 years ago when the first Spark was released, his was just purchased this Spring. So I am wondering is the issue only applicable to older versions of the Spark watch? I currently can't complete a run over 13-15 miles without my watch dying and its HAS to last for a full 26.2 next spring. With Black Friday coming this week I'm completely torn on whether or not to hope for the best with my Spark or jump on a black Friday deal so I have a watch I know will last through my marathon...
  • James_0121James_0121 Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    Smaazucar ... I feel your pain the watch is totally unreliable, Tomtom have not put out any official communication or solution as to why this is happening its very sad that a company we all trusted are letting us down. I am on the old firmware now (rollback) and can confirm its working fine with no issues. I would get your watch back dated like most have here and then see if Tomtom do ever give an official reason.
  • James_0121James_0121 Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    Just to add on the firmware ... my resting heart rate was around 56 most months this year, when I up-dated to the new firmware it jumped to 63-64. Now I'm back on the old firmware its gone back to around 56-59 so again something not correct there.... come on Tomtom its been over a month and nothing , all the support is poor Jurgen logging on and bringing everyones firmware back. not good enough
  • cryptothoncryptothon Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hello, I have just discovered this thread. Is it actually possible to roll back the software to a prevoius version? I do not care too much about the fitness age and fitness points, and I can live without notifications on my watch, can I please request Jurgen to kindly do that to my watch as well? Mine is a Spark (Runner 2). Is just posting this message here enough?

Would like to add that I am a bit tired of this syncing issue. Today I factory reset the watch in recovery mode and actually managed to pair it and sync once, and 2 hours later, the phone told me to pair it again. And this time nothing I did worked. I bought the Tom Tom because it offered this sync facility unlike my earlier watch, and now I might as have a cheap Aldi watch for all the good this is doing me.
  • unsignedunsigned Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi, probably nobody will see me but I need to make mine work in 15 days, if not I cannot return it.
    I like the product but if it doesn't work I can't keep it...
    The email is the same connected to the watch
  • JKeijsersJKeijsers Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jürgen, can you please restore the firmware version of my watch too? I'm having the same synchronization issues as everyone else in this thread.

Thank you!
  • PietSwaPietSwa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just got my new Spark 3. It refuses to connect to my phone. Please roll me back
  • DerridaDerrida Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would love to roll back to firmware 1.3.255. This battery drain is making my watch obsolete. Please let me have 1.3.255.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    @Derrida, you will be offered v1.3.255

Regards
    Vikram
  • SunshinesaraSunshinesara Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, I'm not able to connect my Huawei P8 lite with my new Tomtom Runner 3 Cardio. Can the software downgrade help me with this? If so, can someone help me to do this? Thank you! Sara
  • DerridaDerrida Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    @Derrida, you will be offered v1.3.255

Regards
    Vikram

Thank you!
  • xakkanxakkan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would love to roll back to firmware 1.3.255. Battery drain is making my watch unusable. Please let me have 1.3.255.
  • Homero Belloni1Homero Belloni1 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought a zenfone 3 max and paired with my mult sport watch and transferred an activity. But this morning I tried to transfer another activity and did not transfer, I forgot the watch in the app, but when I tried to pair again, the watch generated the PIN numbers, but went quickly to the home screen, and the cell phone keeps searching for the watch, it seems the clock recognizes that pairing has already been performed, but it was not.
    I already did several factory reset on the clock I even did hard reset on my cell phone and it continues the same thing, I even renamed the device.
    how can I solve?
    It happens because the frimware?
  • Sam_adamsonSam_adamson Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen

Could you also roll me back to the old firmware while this problem is being resolved - I can't pair my phone and my watch at all.

Thanks
  • Homero Belloni1Homero Belloni1 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen
    Could you turn me to the old firmware too?
    I can't pair my watch with my phone.
    Thanks
  • decooribeirodecooribeiro Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen
    Could you turn me to the old firmware too?
    I can't pair my watch with my phone.
    Thanks
  • victor.gyxvictor.gyx Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen or VikramK,
    I have just bought the watch and is disappointed to see that it won't sync at all. Can you roll me back on the build so that I can get the features as promised?
    Victor
  • stretstret Posts: 35 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi,

I successfully paired my watch when I was connected to a Bluetooth headphones. It took me 2 days before I was able to pair my watch to my phone. But today I had to pair it once again to synk. Too bad it takes so long to fix this problem to work properly, 2 month and no fix guys???
  • UndutchableUndutchable Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jürgen wrote:
    James_0121 wrote:
    Hi please revert me to the previous firmware. I am trying to do a marathon on Saturday and this is not correct that the connection stops working very disappointed. Thnaks
    You can now do a factory reset to return to 1.3.255.
    I just bought my Runner 3 Cardio today and the update to 1.7.53 was "forced". After I tried connecting it to my iPhone 6s a few times I decided to check the forums and found your suggestion, amongst other things.
    However, resetting it to the factory settings doesn't seem to be working for me. It remains "stuck" at version 1.7.53.
    Any other suggestions?
    My iPhone is running iOS 11.1.2 and I've connected the watch to my MacBook Pro with OSX 10.13.1
  • paolagpaolag Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have runner 3 and I cannot pair the phone, I have factory reset phone (Samsun galaxy J5 android 5.1.1) and watch too...
    Junger may yuo help me? Thanks in advance
  • BramlBraml Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen,
    I received a roll back a month ago to 1.3.255 and the watch is connecting to my smartphone again without problems. Is there any update regarding the firmware? When will a version be released without the bug?
    thanks for your support!
  • JoeverJoever Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen,

Can you roll me back aswell? I followed you advice in the right order. I was not able to remove the watch from the iPhone's BT devices since it did not find it in the first place. I tried the factory reset, but its still on 1.7.53.

Since I bought the watch, I was able to sync only once and that was before the firmware update (iPhone 6). After that I was not able to Sync anymore. Currently I am using the iPhone X and I'm not able to sync to it either.

This topic is now 3 months old and I'm wondering when there will be a fix in the form of a real update. I understand that you provide workaround in the form of a rollback, but after 3 months us customers might expect a propper bugfix.
  • LassieeeLassieee Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, Jurgen or VikramK,
    Can you please roll me back to a previous version too?
    Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0