Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,779 Community Manager
    BobEm wrote:
    I've PM-ed you the serial number and the email address the watch is linked to.

I appreciate your help. Though I'm frustrated with TomTom, it is clear that you and other service team members are being very responsive and doing everything you can.
    I already sent you a reply. :)
  • bbostjanbbostjan Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Any chance I get the firmware roll back on my Adventurer also? I am having issues with my watch as described in this post:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-adventurer-488/adventurer-hick-ups-1028709/index1.html#post1192194
    Please if it is possible I'd love to see this done, so I can test if it really is firmware related and hopefully not with my watch (which worked perfectly till now).
  • skoteroverallskoteroverall Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    gabbat wrote:
    Same problem here. Just bought my Spark Cardio today, battery charged, firware upgraded to 1.7.53, TomTom Sports app installed on my iPhone. When I try to pair the watch to the phone, the watch briefly displays the PIN, then slides back to the left to the menu (PIN disappears) meanwhile the phone stays on the connection screen. Disappointed with TomTom on the very first day...

Make sure you
    1) "forget" the watch both under cell phone bluetooth settings
    2) and in Tomtom app.
    3) Then, try to connect it from within Tomtom app.

Works for me everytime on Iphone 6s.
  • JoffojofJoffojof Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Jurgen,

Since the update to the last firmware update, I can’t connect my tomtom runner 3 on my iPhone. Could you please set my account as well so I can roll back to a previous version of the firmware.
  • AshtonAshton Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Terrible battery life after update to 1.7.53. Please link me to the previous version until you can push a more responsible and reliable update. Thanks.
  • fernandesmajfernandesmaj Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Jurgen i have the same problem? Can you help me? Thanks
  • DurexDurex Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Hi
    Can you restore the previous version on my watch please?
    I will have an half marathon tomorrow and the watch is unuseless now.
    Thank you
    Hugo Duro
  • ColonelFazackerleyColonelFazackerley Posts: 27 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    My runner 3 has upgraded to 1.7.53.

bluetooth syncing to android phone is much worse than it used to be. I have got it to sync. it can take half an hour of waiting, restarting bluetooth. killing and restarting app. sometimes it gets to 40% or so sync and then stops. my activities dont make it across.

I also make sure the phone screen does not sleep, by touching somewhere. I also keep the watch sync alive by pressing buttons back and forth so it does not ping back to the time screen.

I have managed to sync several 20-25 min activities over bluetooth.

It starts syncing, but always seems to time out as longer (40min) activities are sync'd.
  • subssubs Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen, can I roll back as well. Thank you very much.
  • Pedro L.Pedro L. Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Can someone of the staff link my account to build 1.3.255? I cannot use my watch with 1.7.58! Battery drain too fast.
  • GedsGeds Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Can you roll back my build to 1.3.255 also, can't link to app since latest updates.
  • bubble71bubble71 Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Jurgen can you put my watch back to the previous version as well? I updated to 1.7.53 last night and haven't been able to sync my watch with my phone since.

The email address my watch is linked to is the same as the email address for this forum account.

Will you still need the serial number of the watch? I have a Runner 2 linked to this account (for my daughter) but that has not been updated. It is the Runner 3 that updated and that is now not syncing.

If I have to reset to factory settings, how can I avoid losing my stats since last night?

Please help!!

Thanks!
  • ColonelFazackerleyColonelFazackerley Posts: 27 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    bubble71 wrote:
    Ju
    If I have to reset to factory settings, how can I avoid losing my stats since last night?

Please help!!

Thanks!

Before the factory reset, install the app on a computer and sync your activities using a USB cable.
  • GardyGardy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since update to 1.7.53 im unable to connect the spark music watch with my iphone6 via bluetooth. Ive also noticed that the progress bar around weekly trackers no longer shows which day of the week tracking is up to. Will these issues be fixed in the next ypdat?
  • Jinty JJinty J Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. I also have updated my watch and can no longer find the Airplane Mode. Has it been removed or moved somewhere else? I use it as the battery saver. Thanks J.
    I wonder if those of us having this problem had an update that didn't download properly. Some of the features I've seen where the update seems to downloaded properly look amazing. I don't seem to have them, hence my question.
  • Peter1980Peter1980 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I can not connet to the app since the update to the latest firmware. Could you please help me to install a good working firmware?

Cheers
    Hi again, I just wanted to say that my watch seems to have sorted itself out now.
    It is syncing and I am beginning to see some of the things people in my running groups had.
    So now I don't want to return to the previous version.
    I am happy to stay with 1.7.53 as long as it keeps working ?.
    Many thanks.
  • JuanPedroMoraJuanPedroMora Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Can you roll back my build to 1.3.255 also, can't link to app since latest updates.
  • Pidge1Pidge1 Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, how do I roll back to the last firmware? My phone won’t comment to watch via BT (was fine before the update) thanks
  • rsmithrsmith Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Another user with terrible battery drain since the last couple of updates. It loses charge in a day or so (without any activities). Can you roll me back to a stable version? Thanks.
  • dbirddbird Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ever since my spark 3 was updated to the 1.7.53 firmware, it takes 10 seconds for it to wake up before doing anything. Like, when I plug it into the USB port, it takes 10 seconds for the mysports app to come up and start looking at it, and from the clock display, if I haven't messed with the watch for a while, it takes 10 seconds for it to respond to a click on the control button. After the 10 seconds, it's awake so I can look and set the different configurations. But, if I leave it alone it goes back to sleep and just tells time. Then it will take 10 seconds again to wake up.

Is anyone else having this problem?
  • James_0121James_0121 Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    Dear Tomtom, I also want to vent my frustration and anger at the software up-date. I was on the Beta version of this software a while back and came out of the programme because of it was awful at connecting / poor battery life due to notifications / lack of sync. I thought a responsible large company would fully test these up-dates before releasing them to users hence that they would be solved in beta form. It seems not now I'm left with a watch that I cannot connect to. For those who want better battery life just disable notifications as the 'always on connection' will drain your battery. Seems Tomtom are pretty slow at replying to us all.
  • SopreteSoprete Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen, can I roll back as well. Thank you
  • SchnoodleloverSchnoodlelover Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Could I please have my Runner 2 put back to the old version as well please? Constantly stuck on battery charging, and if it does sort itself out it won't pick up any gps. The battery is also draining even tho its not doing anything. Love this watch, can't bear to be without it.