Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,746 Community Manager
    ohh ... that's not what I wanted. I thought there was a DIY way to revert to an earlier version whenever I wanted to. In fact I am at 1.6.26 right now, anxious to try the new version. Can you undo that? Thank you.
    You're back on the regular server.
  • KCHanKCHan Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    also need help rolling back to previous version fimware. 1.7.53 is just not working.
    KCHan wrote:
    also need help rolling back to previous version fimware. 1.7.53 is just not working.
    When you now factory reset the watch you will return to 1.3.255.
  • Michael ProcterMichael Procter Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I also have the syncing problem with a Samsung S7. Tried to unpair/pair/factory reset; and watch gives the code to enter but the app just hangs on the 'connecting' screen.

On my iPhone I had to delete Tom Tom Sports watch from my Bluetooth connections and then open the app and connect via the app as I was getting exactly that behaviour.
  • makosrepasmakosrepas Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Jürgen
    I have the same problem, since the installation of v1.7.53. It does not connect to the application. Can you link my account to the version 1.3.255, please?
  • Judd64Judd64 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have the same problem . Can you link my account as well to the older version.
    Thanks
  • KCHanKCHan Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    thanks, does it wipe out all my data prviously recorded in the watch?
  • ForbsieForbsie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote:
    djluko wrote:
    Same prob here too. After installing the 1.7.53 update, bluetooth sync with the Sports app on an iPhone 6S running iOS 11.0.2 is now broken.

Exact same issue as described here:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/runner-3-bunch-of-problems-since-last-update-1-7-53-1028501/index1.html#post1191729

The other problem is that the watch seems to freeze occasionally, showing an old time. And yesterday morning when I put my hand over the watch to activate the light, it seemed to stay on for longer than usual. I think the time freezing and light staying on longer than usual seem to happen together.
    The freeze and back light issue sound like a bad installation. Can you please try a factory reset in the Settings of TomTom Sports Connect? If it's not fixed let me know if you want me to roll you back to the old build until we have a fix.

P.S.: After the reset you need to make your iPhone forget the watch in the iOS Bluetooth settings.

I have the exact same issue on my iPhone 6 Plus. I have performed a factory reset, deleted the app and reinstalled it. I can sync via the desktop app but not via my mobile phone. Now it will not pair with the mobile device, it just says "connecting" and nothing else happens.
    I also only recognises the watch as a TomTom GPS Watch, and does not record the activities under the serial number.
  • ForbsieForbsie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Can you restore the previous version on my watch as well please?
    makosrepas, Judd64, Forbsie, I have now linked your accounts to the old build. When you factory reset your watches you will get the old build installed. Remember to make your phones forget the watch before you can pair again.
  • frankk3ffrankk3f Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote:
    makosrepas, Judd64, Forbsie, I have now linked your accounts to the old build. When you factory reset your watches you will get the old build installed. Remember to make your phones forget the watch before you can pair again.
    I really appreciate the efforts you all take to help people (including myself via TTsupport) getting back to v1.3.255, but I'd like to hear about the progress on solving the BT problem. Is there any progress? I was, apart from the BT issue, very pleased with v1.7.53 and I'd like to upgrade as soon as the fix is there, hoping it won't take too long.
    Thanx for your answer in advance.
    Frank
  • dataminordataminor Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen
    Isaac
    dataminor wrote:
    Hi Jürgen
    Isaac
    Hi Isaac, It's been done.
  • dataminordataminor Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks for you speedy response. Yet after reset I am still seeing the version being install is 1.7(see attached) Please help
    dataminor wrote:
    Thanks for you speedy response. Yet after reset I am still seeing the version being install is 1.7(see attached) Please help
    The server was down. Can you please try again?
  • Jason7Jason7 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here bluetooth sync was fine before update. I have a Runner 2 and wife has a Runner 3 and neither will connect via bluetooth reliably since the 1.7.53 update. Runner 2 seems to work on occasions but the Runner 3 connects then disconnects straight away. Support have now downgraded the Runner 3 and it works perfectly again. Any news on a fix or should I get the Runner 2 downgraded also?
  • Catman1789Catman1789 Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Can I go back to the old firmware too, please?
    Jason7 wrote:
    Same issue here bluetooth sync was fine before update. I have a Runner 2 and wife has a Runner 3 and neither will connect via bluetooth reliably since the 1.7.53 update. Runner 2 seems to work on occasions but the Runner 3 connects then disconnects straight away. Support have now downgraded the Runner 3 and it works perfectly again. Any news on a fix or should I get the Runner 2 downgraded also?
    I've also linked your account to the old build until we have a fix.
    Catman1789 wrote:
    When you now do a factory reset your watch will get the old build installed.
  • jsmorenojsmoreno Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen
    Javi
  • YoelvalenYoelvalen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Javi, Yoelvalen, When you now do a factory reset you will return to 1.3.255.
  • BobEmBobEm Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also like to return to 1.3.255.

Let me know if I need to contact you with additional info. Unfortunately, I found that I had to create a new account (separate from my MySports account) to access this help site, and then another new account to submit this forum comment. My MySports account does not allow me full access to the Help pages, so I don't know how you match this comment to my device.

To be honest, this experience has transitioned me from being being a fan of the device to hating it. For me, training for a 1/2 marathon next week, the device is almost useless without syncing to my phone. In the interim, I've spent hours trying to solve the problem. And I'm disappointed that TomTom acknowledges the problem, is doing this downgrade to 1.3.255 on request only, and has not issued an apology or announced a plan for fixing the problem.

Just letting you know how I feel.
    BobEm wrote:
    I would also like to return to 1.3.255.

Let me know if I need to contact you with additional info. Unfortunately, I found that I had to create a new account (separate from my MySports account) to access this help site, and then another new account to submit this forum comment. My MySports account does not allow me full access to the Help pages, so I don't know how you match this comment to my device.

To be honest, this experience has transitioned me from being being a fan of the device to hating it. For me, training for a 1/2 marathon next week, the device is almost useless without syncing to my phone. In the interim, I've spent hours trying to solve the problem. And I'm disappointed that TomTom acknowledges the problem, is doing this downgrade to 1.3.255 on request only, and has not issued an apology or announced a plan for fixing the problem.

Just letting you know how I feel.
    I need the serial number of the watch or - in a PM - the email address the watch is linked to.
  • BobEmBobEm Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've PM-ed you the serial number and the email address the watch is linked to.

I appreciate your help. Though I'm frustrated with TomTom, it is clear that you and other service team members are being very responsive and doing everything you can.