map upgrade for tomtom one can i get a refund

shudsyshudsy Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 29 in Map purchasing
hello I have paid 39.95 for a uk map upgrade and after paying and trying to load it I have received a message saying due to the age of the product upgrades are not possible even though I picked tomtom one on the selection menu.

so will I be able to get a refund and how would I get that please.
thank you in advance and merry christmas

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @shudsy

Contact Customer Services to arrange a refund

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Sadly this is happening a lot. TT let you buy a new map and THEN tell you you can't use it & you have to apply for a refund!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Sadly this is happening a lot. TT let you buy a new map and THEN tell you you can't use it & you have to apply for a refund!

Everyone can check the compatibility before buying.
    065a7a8b-b471-41fa-a6c8-e076b675d8b7.jpg
  • RonBarkerRonBarker Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Shudsy

When speaking to TomTom support ask about upgrading your TomTom at a discount. If you are the original owner you may be able to get up to one third off a new TomTom. I upgraded from TomTom Go 500 (2005). It was a bit like yourself. I purchased a UK map with two upgrades. The map worked ok but when I attempted to use the upgrade I was informed TomTom no longer supported my device. I was given the option to purchase a couple of other devices including TomTom Go 5200 Wifi for £209, which I purchased.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    EthoZ wrote:
    Everyone can check the compatibility before buying.

They shouldn't NEED to have to check if the map purchase procedure was CORRECT then it would not allow purchase of a map for an unsupported device FFS!