Urgent - GPS device not plugging into my laptop, there is no correct outlet

If anyone can help. I am currently travelling in Europe. I brought my portable GPS device and my travel laptop which is a brand new Macbook Pro OS High Sierra. The GPS device needs to plug in directly to the laptop. The laptop does not have a compatible slot for the GPS device to plug in to. The GPS device plug looks like it needs a USB type of slot. I have an external hard drive which has such a slot. When I plug my GPS into the external hard drive (Which is connected to my laptop) But the GPS shows 'not connected'. I found out that it needs to be plugged directly into the laptop and not into an external hard drive. But the fancy new laptop does not have a compatible slot. Any advice? (I urgently need to download a map of Greece and off on a road trip on Wednesday) Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,523 Superuser
    @HowdyHelen

Think will need to get a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter but you will have to a large Apple shop to be in luck.
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"