New Forum Features coming up! - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New Forum Features coming up!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,174 Superusers
    lorna wrote:
    dhn wrote:
    lorna wrote:
    You need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the board and you should have a link there to mark as read.

Sorry Lorna but I don't see a link whatsoever that you refer to. Scrolled to bottom of Overview screen and don't see it. Using Chrome here.

You need to do it by board - the Overview is the home page for all boards. If you use the board links on the overview page or use the links in the menu (top left) you can go into each board. All the way at the bottom you have the link.

So on a page like: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37 you should have the Mark forum as read at the bottom by the pagination.2c53d1d4-08cc-4e22-aaf9-85531cb907bd.png

That is a step backwards, I think.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Does anyone actually prefer this new layout?:astonished:
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]

In a word:- NO!!
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    In two words:- ME NEITHER!
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 363 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I just added a new thread but in contrast to the situation until today my thread doesn't show up. I saw a red box in which I read that the post had to be approved before it will be visible for others.
    Must every new thread now first be approved before it will be published? :confused:
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    RGM71 wrote:
    I just added a new thread but in contrast to the situation until today my thread doesn't show up. I saw a red box in which I read that the post had to be approved before it will be visible for others.
    Must every new thread now first be approved before it will be published? :confused:

It was the spam filter which caught that one.The topic is now reinstated here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/forum-feedback-468/ehre-1029764
  • mrpj3mrpj3 Posts: 126 [Outstanding Explorer]
    John-Jay wrote:
    mrpj3 wrote:
    Why do I only see a 120mm strip of text slightly off centre of my 17" laptop screen? It looks awful and only occupies about a third of my screen width with big empty grey spaces either side.
    I thought it was meant to "scale" to the device being used?
    It is similar on my 24" Desktop Screen!

As usual John, they don't care.
    lampard wrote:
    EMOTICONS:
    There have been requests for more emoticons and there'll be over 1000 of them. These are already available in the current mobile version.
    b5f4294a-c799-4edf-9165-2c0ee1fd2c93.png

I'm curious!! Hence a very simple question to those that requested this "important" facility - WHY?? Just what "essential" advantage do you get from having a 1000+ emoticons?

I'm certain that most people could not tell you the meaning of the vast majority of those 1000+ emoticons - hence their use is meaningless!
    @dhn

And also for anyone who is not able to see the option - 'Mark forum as read'

Try this:

[h3]Go to your profile Settings:[/h3]

c3e599e9-2f93-44e3-a181-c8d8556171d3.jpg

[h3]Under Settings- Select 'Yes' for Display number of new comments[/h3]

e864cc51-6d54-43e6-afc0-caa06afe8389.jpg

[h3]You will see a number and 'new' in green which indicates the number of new comments posted on that topic since your last visit:[/h3]

d17d6b02-ed10-4ffb-bfee-1fc9db2e6a23.jpg

Thanks
    Vikram
  • LornaTTLornaTT Posts: 773 Community Manager
    mrpj3 wrote:

As usual John, they don't care.
    We do care... We're taking notes of all your feedback, from all three communities, and feeding it back. So keep it coming!

For the smileys, @John-Jay I think they probably just meant a few more... There are rather a lot now but they should be easy to use, right? I think the number of them was determined by the API they used to obtain them.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Lorna

Would be nice if 'mouse-over' displayed the name of the emoji, particularly the 'flags' :nerd:
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,174 Superusers
    @VikramK

I see the 'new' listing for each subforum. That's not the issue. It's the need to go subforum by subforum marking each read rather than just one button marking ALL subforums read at the same time.

Way back when, it was the same problem till InSided DID provide the one button link to mark all read at once. Now it's back to the old (inefficient) way. Why?
    @dhn

Yes, that feature is indeed missing with the new design/templates.

Thanks for your feedback on this. I will add it to the 'Wishlist' we are preparing.

Regards
    Vikram
  • RalphGRalphG Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    No, not at all.
  • mrpj3mrpj3 Posts: 126 [Outstanding Explorer]
    RalphG wrote:
    No, not at all.

Agreed. It's awful and as I posted, without an answer from TT, it doesn't work visually on a p.c. monitor or laptop screen.
    It would appear they would rather spend money on a vanity project, to change something that's working, rather than something important e.g. routing down farm tracks and country lanes as the fastest route!
    lorna wrote:
    For the smileys, @John-Jay I think they probably just meant a few more... There are rather a lot now but they should be easy to use, right? I think the number of them was determined by the API they used to obtain them.

The issue is NOT whether they are easy to use but that they are pointless since their meaning is unknown in the context of any Question (or any response) posted on an essentially Technical Forum!!!

Just at random, I'm "easily" posting a selection, but I haven't got a clue as to their meaning, with respect to the "context" of any Question or Response that might be posted!!!!

:amphora: :bellhop: :couch: :bathtub: :prayer_beads: :clock: :flags: :candle: :microscope: :books: :scroll: :newspaper2: :bookmark_tabs: :envelope: :pen_fountain: :black_nib: :crayon: :bar_chart: :scissors: :gun: :chains: :oil: :pineapple: :potato: :avocado: :bread:

Perhaps you need to issue a Vocabulary/Glossary of their function/meaning??
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @John-Jay
    :amphora :bellhop  :couch :bathtub  :prayer_beads :clock :flags :candle :microscope :books :scroll :newspaper2 :bookmark_tabs :envelope :pen_fountain :black_nib :crayon :bar_chart :scissors :gun :chains :oil :pineapple :potato :avocado :bread  (trailing':' removed)

emoji
    :amphora: :bellhop: :couch: :bathtub: :prayer_beads: :clock: :flags: :candle: :microscope: :books: :scroll: :newspaper2: :bookmark_tabs: :envelope: :pen_fountain: :black_nib: :crayon: :bar_chart: :scissors: :gun: :chains: :oil: :pineapple: :potato: :avocado: :bread:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Renowned Wayfarer]

de - weil.....

Dieses Forum ist ein "graus", ich kann mich nicht im deutschen Teil anmelden bzw. nur im englischen Teil schreiben?! Der Benutzername ist anders >:)

Unten steht statt "DEUTSCH" - "DEUTSCHE".

Bilder von alten Beiträge sind verschwunden....

Positiv: statt nur liken kann auch anders bewertet werden

Und zum schluss: TomTom ihr wisst schon, dass der Januar 31 Tage hat? Ihr habt am 30 geschrieben, dass das Forum 24h stillsteht, es war ja anders....

• c-a-r-l-o-sc-a-r-l-o-s Posts: 20,058 Superusers
    Test, Test, Test
  • andy77.andy77. Posts: 451 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Geben Sie Ihren Kommentar ein
  • BemboBembo Posts: 12,159 Superuser
    @andy7 ;
    ein bisschen mehr Geduld sollte andy77 schon haben. 
    Schlimm finde ich das man unter dem alten Namen reklamieren muss.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Well, this new forum layout is a bit different!! What happened here?

I have a few issues using this new forum:

1. Where're the subforums for navigation GO Mobile apps for IOS and Android?
    2. I can't see how to start a thread.
    3. A lot of existing threads don't seem to allow me to comment
    4. Where's the date (and time) of each post?

I use a lot of different forums, and they all have different styles but this new forum is unintuitive.

Regards,

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 162 [Exalted Navigator]
    @Privateer UK

I like the word unintuitive...........................  :) :) Think other users may have a more simpler word!

I am struggling but found: 

1. Under the category "Navigation apps"
    2. You have to select a Category, then a Sub Category, then an "actual thread"  then I can see a green bar at the  top right labeled "new Discussion"................... . 
    3. Not sure why - have not yet noticed that.
    4. If you look under your user name on the left; 3rd line down there is a time stamp - hover the mouse over and the full date/time is revealed. 

Intuitive ..............   :)
  • LC123LC123 Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi

I thought I had arrived at some unscrupulous website that had skimmed off all the posts and was replicating the official forum in order to drive traffic to it and advertise.  This is because the URL changes to vanillacommunities.com which doesn't provide much confidence that this is really TomToms own forum.

What we have is now something that doesn't feel like it's part of TomTom's branding or communities.  It feels like TomTom have just washed their hands of everyone and shipped us all off elsewhere.

• bonsipogibonsipogi Posts: 135 [Revered Navigator]
    I'm registered in the German forum, but when I log in I'm forwarding in the English forum????

Help!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online23

CEEaton
CEEaton
Lenkstange
Lenkstange
maryeliane
maryeliane
redhead010c
redhead010c
rockabillyrebel