TomTom Go Mobile - claiming 3 years free problem - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom Go Mobile - claiming 3 years free problem

2»

Comments

• YuliaTYuliaT Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can you please send the customer service my way too? Pretty please
  • Stuart DonaghyStuart Donaghy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No matter what I try in the new app or the old app & also trying what has been mentioned in this thread, I am still unable to upgrade. I'm always met with the purchase error. Has anyone actually resolved this or do I need to raise a ticket with TomTom to get this resolved?
  • CarylRCarylR Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I ended up getting it resolved through customer service, they had to add it to my account
  • pipmpipm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

I remove the TomTom western Europe app from my phone and use the UK only one when I'm not travelling in Europe.

The problem I have now is that Apple has changed iTunes and there is no longer an App section on Os X within iTunes so I cannot install the app to upgrade to TomTom Go Mobile.

Using this post

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/reinstalling-the-navigation-app-for-iphone-1003227

and clicking on the relevant link sends iTunes and Safari into an infinite loop - the link opens a page in Safari, which re-directs to iTines, which re-directs to Safari, which re-directs to iTunes....

Any ideas on how to get my free upgrade?

Thanks & regards

Pip
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Pip,

Welcome to the Community!

The following video walks you through the steps to upgrade your app:
    [video]

Cheers, Mikko
  • pipmpipm Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mikko

Thanks for the video. I've now upgraded. :cool:

The main issues was getting the original Western Europe application re-installed on my phone. The trick is to do this on the phone and don't use iTunes on OS X or Windows:

got to here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/tomtom-go-mobile-and-navigation-for-iphone-ipad-29/reinstalling-the-navigation-app-for-iphone-1003227

Find the link for the Western Europe app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id326075062?mt=8

Open this in Safari on your iPhone. Trying this link on OS X makes iTunes and Safari loop send each other the same link over and over again!

Safari will ask if you want to open the link in the App Store - tap Yes

Download the app

Fire up the app and log in with your tom-tom account

Follow the instructions in the video above.

Hope this helps anybody else with the same issue

Regards

Pip
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Pip,

Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for sharing your tip :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Cowboy10ukCowboy10uk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi guys, I’m trying to get this upgrade on my wife’s iPhone 6, downloaded and installed tom tom go, when I start it, I get the screen stating I’m entitled to the free upgrade, I click open app, and it takes me to tom tom Western Europe, then nothing.

If I go to shop and click tom tom go, it sends me to App Store, which states open app, click that and the circle starts again.

Any ideas, how to get to redeem this offer?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,103 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Cowboy10uk,

Welcome to the Community & sorry for late reply!

I can see that you already managed to use the upgrade offer for Go Mobile App of 3 years subscription. Please see the public FAQ here to login on your Go Mobile App: Login on TomTom GO Mobile App

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Cowboy10ukCowboy10uk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi Cowboy10uk,

Welcome to the Community & sorry for late reply!

I can see that you already managed to use the upgrade offer for Go Mobile App of 3 years subscription. Please see the public FAQ here to login on your Go Mobile App: Login on TomTom GO Mobile App

Cheers, lampard

Hi Lampard, yes that’s correct, My account upgraded with no issues on my phone. However both myself and my wife have Tomtom accounts as we both use Western Europe on our phones and it’s her account that we are having trouble upgrading.

As I have said, we have installed tom Tom go on her phone, it recognises she has tom Tom Western Europe installed and states she’s entitled to the free upgrade, and she says she has seen the upgrade screen shown in Western Europe itself but she clicked upgrade later as she was driving at the time. Now we can’t get the upgrade button up no matter what.

Cowboy10uk
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online59

Invisibly
Invisibly
knirschi
knirschi
lampard
lampard
Lorenz Haupt
Lorenz Haupt
MGMichel