New maps v10.00 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.00 available for download

VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
edited January 31 in News and announcements
Hi all,

We've just released the new v10.00 maps for PND & Automotive.

This release will include an update for all PND maps except for the Trucker & Camper maps, these will follow around a month later.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
o Paraguay and Bolivia will be added in the map of South America, Caribean and Mexico (Latam nav4 map). The coverage is "only connecting roads".
o Some extra maps have been added as compatible for Rider Nav4 and Start Nav4.
o Rider Nav4: Benelux/Brazil/Canada-Alaska/CE EU/ DE_AT_CH/ EE / France/Greece/Iberia/Italia/Morocco/Poland/Russia/Scandinavia/Turkey/ UK/USA/ USA CAN
o Start Nav4: Benelux/Canada-Alaska/ DE_AT_CH/ EE/ France/ Greece/ Iberia/ India/ Israel/Italia/latam/ Middle East/ Morocco/ Oceania/Poland/Russia/Scandinavia/ South Africa Swaziland and Lesotho/Taiwan/ Turkey)

Maps v 10.00 for Mobile apps released[28/11/2017]

Camper and Truck maps v 10.01 released[07/12/2017]

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Vikram
«1

Comments

  • tinfiretinfire Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks.
    I got in early and updated about 3 hours ago.
    As I would have wished , new roads that I use regularly are now showing.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks for the update!

    It’s nice that you posted also the date for mobile versions. Usually it was just “some time later”.
  • sardussardus Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    got the update but says it failed: try to redownload later but map says version 1000.8631. is it correct? why did it give me an error message?
    thans to any reply
    g.f
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,195 Superusers
    Sounds as if indeed you have the proper map installed, sardus. See if it functions properly the next time you use your Go 500 unit.
  • usatravelusatravel Posts: 51 [Master Explorer]
    Yep got the same message retry
    but it had downloaded and installed ok
    ??????
  • sardussardus Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    again on another machine, on all three the same error. i will test them tomorrow
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,195 Superusers
    Were you just downloading the map or were other items also checked for installation that you attempted to download at the same time?
  • Troggy53Troggy53 Posts: 50 [Outstanding Explorer]
    VikramK wrote:
    except for the Trucker & Camper maps, these will follow around a month later.
    Cheers, Vikram

    @VikramK
    Please can you say if you will post a separate item when Trucker and Camper update is released or just add an update to this thread?
    Thanks.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    Troggy53 wrote:
    @VikramK
    Please can you say if you will post a separate item when Trucker and Camper update is released or just add an update to this thread?
    Thanks.

    Once I have a confirmation from the concerned team I will update the announcement here.

    @stardus and @usatravel, when you get the error message could you soft reset the device and check if it has the latest map is installed?

    Regards
    Vikram
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 669 [Revered Pioneer]
    There is NO mention of the fact that the European Zones have been reduced!!

    When I d/l & updated I got a message that told me that the new Europen Map would no longer fit on my device & that they were going to remove Russia!!

    Incidentally, it also suggested that, if I wanted Russia to be included, I should fit a microSD Card - yet I already have a microSD Card fitted!! Needless to say, it did NOT explain how I can directly d/l to the microSD Card!!

    Regards,
    John-Jay
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,074 [Supreme Pioneer]
    VikramK wrote:
    Maps v 10.00 for Mobile apps will be released on the 21st of November.
    Was there a change of plan?
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    VikramK wrote:
    Maps v 10.00 for Mobile apps will be released on the 21st of November.

    Hi!

    21st is almost a song of the past :)
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
    Just wondering, why is it being called v10.00, when in fact it is v1000.xxxx?
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Maybe just a new naming scheme? Maybe they plan different type of updates in the future? 10.01? 10.02? 10.03? Maybe smaller incremental upgrades, maybe it just leaves it open for debate in the future.
  • PedrolamiPedrolami Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    The new update has the new Mersey Gateway bridge, however it seems to be grey/white rather than the colour of the surrounding roads. I assume this means it is still 'under construction' on the map? It has been open for a month though...
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
    The maps are always "closed" a month before release, that can be a reason for that.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 669 [Revered Pioneer]
    Zsolt wrote:
    The maps are always "closed" a month before release, that can be a reason for that.

    In mid-Nov'15, approx 2 weeks before a Map-Release & on an unrelated issue, I was "advised" that the problem had been fully resolved!

    Obviously I wasn't expecting to see the corrections in the Release a couple of weeks later, however I was surprised when TomTom officially advised that it wouldn't be incorporated until the end of May'16 issue (some 28 weeks later)!

    This would tend to suggest that TomTom "close" their Maps at least THREE MONTHS in advance!!
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    VikramK wrote:
    Maps v 10.00 for Mobile apps will be released on the 21st of November.
    Hmmm ... where they are? :thinking:
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    EthoZ wrote:
    VikramK wrote:
    Maps v 10.00 for Mobile apps will be released on the 21st of November.
    Hmmm ... where they are? :thinking:

    That was the date I was informed about as well. The map is usually released after testing, to avoid the possibility of bugs, and we don't want to roll back the release.

    However, I will check for an update on this..:)

    Regards
    Vikram
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    Update: The map release for GO mobile app was scheduled for this week but now the date has been moved to next week. I will announce it here:)

    Sorry :(.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,168 Superusers
    IGI wrote:
    Maybe just a new naming scheme? Maybe they plan different type of updates in the future? 10.01? 10.02? 10.03? Maybe smaller incremental upgrades, maybe it just leaves it open for debate in the future.

    I think the best for map naming is year and quarter like 18.01 18.02 18.03 18.04 19.01 etc...


    More simple and more explicit.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    miketorcy wrote:
    IGI wrote:
    Maybe just a new naming scheme? Maybe they plan different type of updates in the future? 10.01? 10.02? 10.03? Maybe smaller incremental upgrades, maybe it just leaves it open for debate in the future.

    I think the best for map naming is year and quarter like 18.01 18.02 18.03 18.04 19.01 etc...


    More simple and more explicit.
    With current system yes, but maybe in the future, TomTom will update its maps all the time, without the quarter division.
  • Mike NewMike New Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi All

    After wasting many hours over several days doing the last Europe map update - I am not going to do this one until I see a lot of messages here saying the update went smoothly.

    Anyone done it yet on a GO6000?
  • Peter FontainePeter Fontaine Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My R-Link stucks on version 990. Now V1000 has been published it seems that 995 has been skipped. I am urgently waiting for V1000. What can I do?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,276 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Peter

    For the R-Link built-in devices, I would recommend you get in touch with the car dealer.

    Her is a helpful FAQ link: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17757/

    Thank you

    -Vikram
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online13

John Richardson
John Richardson
+12 Guests