GO Mobile App: possible to stop it without terminating it? — TomTom Community

GO Mobile App: possible to stop it without terminating it?

LittlebluesmurfLittlebluesmurf Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Sometimes, well before I reach a known destination (e.g. home or work) and can see that there are no more cameras, dangers or traffic and I have no further use for TomTom, i.e. I don't want it to talk to me any longer not consume my iPhone's battery, would be good to be able to instruct it to stop the navigation without having to terminate it (if you can call it such on iOS, i.e. having to double-click on the home button and then carefully aim for GO and flick it up, something that one needs to stop the car to avoid a steep fine in the UK). This used to be possible in the original app.
Also, talking about shutting it up (i.e. turn off voice instructions), it does require some precise actions, again, almost impossible while driving
I guess some more big, shaded icons on the screen would be good, or Menu should display more icons on the main display without having to scroll a number of times to the right. Just some suggestions, that the old, original app used to have.

Comments

• Michael ProcterMichael Procter Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    As long as you don’t have running in the background enabled you should just be able to turn the phone off.

On my X I can just flick it up and it will then turn off after a preset time.
  • LittlebluesmurfLittlebluesmurf Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I do indeed have GO setup to run in the background.
    That’s mainly because I sometimes prefer to turn off the screen to conserve battery while still getting instructions and/or camera alerts.
    If I disable it running in the background, would GO still continue running with the screen off?
  • Michael ProcterMichael Procter Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks. I do indeed have GO setup to run in the background.
    That’s mainly because I sometimes prefer to turn off the screen to conserve battery while still getting instructions and/or camera alerts.
    If I disable it running in the background, would GO still continue running with the screen off?
    No. It would stay where it was when you turned it off. Then when turned back on would jump to where you are. Might take a little while.