How can I make sure my watch stays on 1.3.255?

NoctuolaNoctuola Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm on firmware version 1.3.255, so I haven't myself experienced any of the issues people are reporting with newer versions of the firmware. However, the reason I haven't received the upgrade is because I've avoided connecting my watch to my computer since the bugs became known and I'm worried that I might forget, or that an updated version of the Android app will break sync again and force me to connect to the computer and I'll end up with the buggy firmware anyway.

I see a number of people on the forums asking Jürgen to roll them back to the firmware version I have. Does this rollback prevent auto-update from just reinstalling the buggy updates the next time you connect the watch to the computer? If so, could my watch be made to stay on 1.3.255 by some analogous process?

I'd rather avoid the bugs and I actively don't want the fitness points stuff to show up on my account, so this would be great for my peace of mind.

Comments

• charlesrrcharlesrr Posts: 67 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    When you plug it in to the desktop app, it will ask you if you want to update. Just press skip. Not sure about the android app.
  • NoctuolaNoctuola Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    charlesrr wrote:
    When you plug it in to the desktop app, it will ask you if you want to update. Just press skip. Not sure about the android app.

Yes, but I'm sure I've seen someone on this forum say that after three times it'll update anyway, regardless of whether you want it to or not. Can you confirm that this isn't true?