TomTom Navigation app on iPhone (iPhone X) — TomTom Community

TomTom Navigation app on iPhone (iPhone X)

GoodstoneGoodstone Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,

I will be ordering the new iPhone x(expensive) in October.

I need to know if this app will work on the new device.

Best regards

Ant

Comments

  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Test it and report it.
  • rutje500rutje500 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tis app (tomtom app v1.29) work on iphoneX v11.0.1
  • hydroxhydrox Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just installed Go Mobile app (1.9.2) on my new iPhone X (iOS 11.1). This app works well After all the horror stories on this Forum, I was concerned, but there are many plusses with this GO app that are lacking on my now semi-abandoned TomTom navigation app US/Canada. I hope that in the next versions, stuff will be added that are still lacking on the Go app.

    I did have to call phone support to get my free three-year subscription registered on the newly installed app, but that was handled quickly.
  • harrismailharrismail Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    rutje500 wrote:
    Tis app (tomtom app v1.29) work on iphoneX v11.0.1
    Can you clarify - are you saying the TomTom Western Europe v1.29 app "does" work with iPhone X? or are you asking "if" it does - like me?
  • hydroxhydrox Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My iPhone X works equally well with both the old TomTom v1.29 (I have the US-Canada maps) and the new Go Mobile app (v1.9.2).
  • harrismailharrismail Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    hydrox wrote:
    My iPhone X works equally well with both the old TomTom v1.29 (I have the US-Canada maps) and the new Go Mobile app (v1.9.2).
    Thanks - the new Go app is (in my opinion) terrible - all style over substance and so laggy that if the older app weren't to work on an iPhone X I'd have to seriously consider sticking with my iPhone 7 and not upgrading :)
  • hydroxhydrox Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I hadn't downloaded the Go app until I got the new iPhone X because of all the concerns raised, so I only have four days of experience with it. I really do need the live traffic, otherwise I would have kept the older app without "upgrading". I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the Go app is performing. I haven't noticed any lagging yet. In any event, I am keeping both apps on my phone and will be crosschecking them in the days ahead. I am a long-time TomTom user, and was a Beta tester for them when they first entered the US market with the Pocket PC app. I use Apple Maps and Google Maps and others on occasion, but still keep coming back to TomTom as my primary navigation app.
  • harrismailharrismail Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    hydrox wrote:
    I hadn't downloaded the Go app until I got the new iPhone X because of all the concerns raised, so I only have four days of experience with it. I really do need the live traffic, otherwise I would have kept the older app without "upgrading". I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the Go app is performing. I haven't noticed any lagging yet. In any event, I am keeping both apps on my phone and will be crosschecking them in the days ahead. I am a long-time TomTom user, and was a Beta tester for them when they first entered the US market with the Pocket PC app. I use Apple Maps and Google Maps and others on occasion, but still keep coming back to TomTom as my primary navigation app.

    Thanks for the info. The thing about the Go app is that (for me and many others) the location icon plays catch up quite a lot particularly around junctions and turns. You can be approaching a junction and the location icon is nowhere near your current position. Then, it races to catch up as if it's been sleeping! I'm glad if you haven't experienced this but keep an eye out for it as if you're in town with a lot of junctions on screen and you have lots of quick turns to negotiate - the last thing you need is a laggy location!
    The old app never does this which is why I'm loathe to do without it. I just can't believe how TomTom has let this happen as the one most important thing for a Navigation app is to accurately show where you are...not where you've been!!!
    If the old app can do it why can't the new one??
  • Michael ProcterMichael Procter Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I’ve been using a GO6000 for 4 years and the GO mobile app since it was launched.

    Overall I’m happy with the GO app. Been running it on an iPhone 7 Plus (before that on a 6plus) and now on an X.

    All works fine for me.

    I now just want it to work full screen on my X.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online7

tgold
tgold
+6 Guests