Didn't receive the discount for my map renewal

Lynette WarnerLynette Warner Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 25 in Map purchasing
I just purchased a new 12 month map renewal. Clicked on the email link to receive the 40% discount but was charged full price.

Comments

• bmw645cibmw645ci Posts: 5 [New Traveler]
    USE WAZE! free app, always up to date, real time traffic info, like danger, cops behind the corner and so on. So why pay for something that is oldschool, its lke buying a computer from the 80's
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,523 Superuser
    @Lynette Warner

TomTom's map shop has a glitch in it that it shows the full amount on the screen but the transcation to your payment method is for the discounted price, so please check you bank statement to see what was actually charged, if it was the full amount contact Customer Services, on Monday, to sort out the refund

CS Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • bmw645cibmw645ci Posts: 5 [New Traveler]
    Use waze, no costs its a free app for smartphones, so why pay for a thing from the 90's? Waze is Always up to date, gives real time traffic info, you can use it anywhere.
  • HarleymickHarleymick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I received an email from TomTom offering a promotional map update for $25 USD. When I followed the link in the email offer to make the purchase I was charged $79.95 for the update through PayPal. The receipt was for $79.95. So far no one is willing to discuss why I was so overcharged. I have not downloaded the update and will not until this wrong is made right. https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/store/basket-overview.html
    Michael
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    You spoke with support about it?
    United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

Let me direct your concern to a contact I have at Tomtom. Check back later..........
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,965 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Harleymick,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that the support already sent you a response and escalated your case for a refund of the amount you were overcharged with. Please feel free to post back here in case you've any more queries.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• HarleymickHarleymick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, and that was 16 days ago. I paid through PayPal and just checked. There is no indication of a refund forthcoming for the $54.95 I was overcharged for the $25 special.
    Michael
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,155 Superusers
    Call support then:
    United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • Ed007Ed007 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Ye, that's a bit of a bumber.

https://www.digitalsales.ie/