TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

TomTom stopped charging on my USB hub or wall charger

MikeW410MikeW410 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
For the past year and a half my TomTom Spark has been charging on my USB hub. Last month it stopped charging on the hub or a wall charger and will now only charge on the USB port on the computer. All my other devices charge on the hub (Android phones, iPad, camera, etc.) but not the TomTom watch. Is there any way to reset or get the watch to charge on the hub again?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,609 Superusers
    My guess is it is a problem with the charging cradle as there is no reason it would not charge elsewhere. i would call Customer Support and see about getting a replacement (they can also look into other issues that may be causing it as well). To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MikeW410MikeW410 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I actually have 2 cradles and have tried both of them. Both work on the USB port on the computer but neither will work on my USB hub or a charger. Weird. When I plug in the watch the battery charging icon comes up on the watch but after about 10 seconds the watch just goes back to displaying the time and it is not charging.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,609 Superusers
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • SiezmicSiezmic Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I've had my TomTom for about 11 months. I've noticed in the past week that it is no longer charging completely on the cradle. I plug it in and it appears to connect and begin charging but after about a minute or two it stops charging and the TomTom app tells me it is fully charged but when I disconnect it and check on the Spark unit it is clearly only minimally charged see photos.dfeef5a5-a4e8-4328-9dfb-5e70f1b7db69.jpgApparent charge level - Full. d297cc23-cf2c-4935-93d4-6f29143f6818.jpgActual charge level.

This is happening only recently and it doesn't matter which method of charging I use (via my laptop USB or plugged into a USB charger wall socket), or whether I use a different cradle. It is really annoying. as the device is not very old.
    I have another issue appearing... now when I try to charge I am getting this...see attached video...
    Siezmic wrote:
    I have another issue appearing... now when I try to charge I am getting this...see attached video...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,254 Superusers
    Hi
    Re "Charging interrupted"..... Are your USB ports or USB Hub ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    I tried cleaning the contacts with an eraser and it seemed to make a difference - the watch held enough charge to operate during the weekend. But now it has reverted to crap again. I've tried cleaning the contacts again but it makes no difference now.

I have also tried to run a factory reset but that does not work either. The process stalls about 2 minutes into the reset with a picture of two hands flashing constantly as it tries to initiate a download or update of some sort.