Sync playlist to Spark 3 — TomTom Community

Sync playlist to Spark 3

XiqXiq Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Hi, i am using spark3 , everytime i search the playlist at music folder, it took long time.
I have change the playlist from .wpl to m3u8.
and i have specified the folder of playlist in setting.
What should be done to improve the searching list.

thanks

Comments

• Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Xiq wrote:
    Hi, i am using spark3 , everytime i search the playlist at music folder, it took long time.
    I have change the playlist from .wpl to m3u8.
    and i have specified the folder of playlist in setting.
    What should be done to improve the searching list.

thanks
    Hi, I assume you are using M3U8 playlists because you don't use Windows Media Player (WMP)? If you use Windows Media Player then you don't need to use the M3U8 files since Sports Connect will talk directly to WMP to obtain your playlists (and so the root music folder should be blank).

Assuming you do need to use M3U8 files then the root music folder should be set to the location where the m3u8 files are located. Sports Connect will search that folder and all the folders below it for m3u8 files. Therefore you should not use a folder which contains lots of other files e.g. (C:\ would be very bad since it will cause Sports Connect to search your entire disk drive).

Note that you can also just copy a folder of music tracks into the music folder on the drive mounted when you connect your watch and Sports Connect will turn that into a playlist when it next detects the watch.

Regards,
    Stuart.