Tomtom 500/510 HELP — TomTom Community

Tomtom 500/510 HELP

craigchestercraigchester Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Map purchasing
Purchased a map for australia, it shows the map was purchased but im getting no update information on the tomtom mydrive,
leaving for australia tomorrorw and from what im reading i can only speak to support monday-friday, is this a problem where i have to speak to support or is their something i can do to fix it? any info would be appreciated

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,599 Superuser
    @craigchester

You are using MyDriveConnect to update your device, if not get it from here https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/product_select/locale/en_GB

Also do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update. Also remember to do this when you arrive in Australia.

If you fail to update your device before you leave, contact Customer Services in Australia, number below

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)

CS Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • craigchestercraigchester Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have linked the images of what im getting i tried a soft reset and that didnt work, ive tried to re-buy the map and the picture i have linked is as far as i get on their website where its asking me to click my drive connect or my drive home, i assumed i should be clicking on the my drive connect but it does not allow me to click on either of these links nothing happens when i click them so i dont know whether this a bug within tomtom

Mod edit: Images edited to remove personal information. Please avoid sharing screen shots or images that contain personal information. Thank you!!!
    @craigchester

Wait a couple of hours to see if the map becomes available. Also you did use the same email address to do the purchase as you use to log into MyDriveConnect?
    Yes its the same email and i purchased yesterday evening also, i dont know whether its more about the links not working if you see in the second image where it says click on the my drive connect or tomtom home those do not work it does not let me click on either of them so i dont know whether thats the reason the map cannot download fully or not
    @craigchester

As time is running out before you go, try restarting your computer
    Tried it nothing works
    @craigchester

Looks like it is a call to Aussie Customer services when you are in Oz then. :(
    @craigchester

Sorry to say but (from various other forum comments) it looks like TomTom have a server failure this weekend, so you will have to wait till Monday to contact Customer Services to resolve this lack of maps