Bigger Strap for Spark — TomTom Community

Bigger Strap for Spark

Craig784Craig784 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have had this issue for some time but there seems to be no solution unless anyone has a revelation for me. My wrist size is 235mm which is conciderably bigger than the biggest watch strap that TomTom make. As a result of stretching it to fit I have broken 3 straps in 9 months. Clearly I cannot continue replacing straps beside the fact that such a tite fit is very uncomfortable. Please someone tell me that TomTom has finally recognized that big people need watches too.and have decided to make bigger strap. Or that someone here has a feasible solution for me please.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,398
    Superusers
    They have not made bigger straps and are not likely to add a new production run to do so as they would need enough demand to justify it. They cannot just create 10 new straps, they contract out production so they would need to make thousands of them likely. In any case it is a moot point as they're leaving the wearables market altogether and are not selling any new devices so I doubt they are creating new straps. You could try fitting a but of Velcro between the two ends of the strap to all it to fit better.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Craig784Craig784 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you. No you right it’s not what I wanted to hear ? there are millions of big people in this world and from what I have noticed there are some other brands that cater for us. Seems I’ll have to switch to another brand. Thanks for the feed back and solution. Much appreciated
  • IshiIshi Posts: 32 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Switching to another brand is good, considering that the quality of the straps **** anyway!
    Superusers
    I agree it sucks, but this is probably part of the reason they are exiting the industry. The straps have been problematic from day 1 and I am sure it cost them a ton of money. Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,785
    Superusers
    Craig784 wrote:
    My wrist size is 235mm which is conciderably bigger than the biggest watch strap that TomTom make. As a result of stretching it to fit I have broken 3 straps in 9 months. Clearly, I cannot continue replacing straps besides the fact that such a tight fit is very uncomfortable
    Just a thought ....
    Would it be possible to use the buckle end of one of the broken straps, clipped into the existing Strap buckle to extend the length of the strap so that it fits your wrist

ATB YFM
  • IshiIshi Posts: 32 [Outstanding Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    I agree it sucks, but this is probably part of the reason they are exiting the industry.

What is being exited?? This is news to me, perhaps i didn't watch out. Please elaborate if possible

Thanks
    Superusers
    TomTom is leaving the wearables market and no longer producing any new devices. Google TomTom and you will see plenty of articles about it.