TomTom Sports Connect : "we could not sync your settings" — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports Connect : "we could not sync your settings"

martineVmartineV Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
hello

Since a few weeks it seems impossible to sync my Runner 2 watch with the TomTom Sports Connect. I always receive the message "we could not sync your settings. Check that your settings on the tomtom website are correct, then try to sync again".
On the tomtom website, when I try to save my settings, I receive the message "Please re-connect your device to sync the changes that have been made."
It seems that I'm running in circles.
I already did a reset of the watch; removed the Connect app and installed it again; tried to connect on another Mac. Nothing helps.
Strange thing, the watch is syncing (slowly) with the App om my mobile through BT.

Anyone who can help ?
thanks

Comments

• Wayfarer007Wayfarer007 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the same issue on the Adventurer. I'm not able to reset it, as SportConnect does not connect. It worked for a week or so, but has since ceased connecting to SportConnect.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    martineV wrote:
    hello

Since a few weeks it seems impossible to sync my Runner 2 watch with the TomTom Sports Connect. I always receive the message "we could not sync your settings. Check that your settings on the tomtom website are correct, then try to sync again".
    On the tomtom website, when I try to save my settings, I receive the message "Please re-connect your device to sync the changes that have been made."
    It seems that I'm running in circles.
    I already did a reset of the watch; removed the Connect app and installed it again; tried to connect on another Mac. Nothing helps.
    Strange thing, the watch is syncing (slowly) with the App om my mobile through BT.

Anyone who can help ?
    thanks
    Can you try a reset in recovery mode?
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393#factory-reset-in-recovery
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,160
    Community Manager
    I'm having the same issue on the Adventurer. I'm not able to reset it, as SportConnect does not connect. It worked for a week or so, but has since ceased connecting to SportConnect.
    Do you get an error message or is TomTom Sports Connect not opening?
  • Sterge2000Sterge2000 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I tried a reset in recovery mode, that did not work for me. (I have a runner 2, same issue)
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Sterge2000 wrote:
    I tried a reset in recovery mode, that did not work for me. (I have a runner 2, same issue)
    Hi, Can you go to the Advanced Section of the Settings page of Sports Connect on your PC and use the Submit App data to send the log files. Let me know if you do this.
    Thanks,
    Stuart.
    I just did, the watches serial number is HOxxxxGxxxxx and it is running on software 1.7.53

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • Mark BartlettMark Bartlett Posts: 23
    Staff
    Sterge2000 wrote:
    I just did, the watches serial number is HOxxxxGxxxxx and it is running on software 1.7.53
    Hi,
    From looking at your logs, for some reason we're trying to set an Active Time Goal of 48 hours a day.

If you go to the goals page on the web site (https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/goals/set/) and reset the Active Time Goal to something sensible it should clear the error.
    Mark
    Thank you very much, it seems to work!