Can't change my activity from gym to another in band — TomTom Community

Can't change my activity from gym to another in band

RrrunnerRrrunner Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
I am not able to change my activity from gym to any other in my TomTom cardio. I go for runs and need to see later how was my pace, distance etc. In stats. When I connect my TomTom cardio to mobile....I have to manually change the activity from gym to run in the app....but this does not shows any analysis of my run....distance, pace at least. Is it possible to change the activity in band to run and will that help in showing my stats. Please help.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    That is because gym mode is the only mode available and it is not collecting the same data as a running watch would, which uses GPS to track distance, pace, etc. Without the GPS to know where you're going there is no way for it to track pace, distance or any other running metrics. It could theoretically use your step count if it had a reliable stride rate but it differs based on pace so it would be unreliable. if you want to use a device for running you should get one designed as such. The Touch is meant as an activity tracker with limited ability to track HR in gym based activities only.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RrrunnerRrrunner Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I definitely did not wanted to hear this ......but this is it. Thanks for the reply.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Glad I could help (even if it was not the answer you wanted) . When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.