New Tomtom START 62- Searching for a new street

VicfulVicful Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 11 in Map quality
I recently bought a new Tomtom62. I successfully installed the map.
I tested it with different addresses I am familiar with and it successfully located them for me.
However when I keyed in the new street of the new subdivision the device cant locate it.
The street name is Echidna; city, Diggers Rest Melbourne; state, Vic; Australia
I checked the latest version and is same as in my device. The release date of the map is August 2017.
Do I need to wait for another release date before my device can accept the new street address?
Thanks

Comments

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 598 [Exalted Navigator]
    I suspect that it is part of a new Development! Sometimes TomTom is quite delayed in getting their Maps updated for new Developments!!

Regards,

John-Jay

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,292 Superusers
    Hi
    In the meantime, maybe set up a MyPlaces location to use until the Map catches up

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    In the meantime, maybe set up a MyPlaces location to use until the Map catches up

ATB YFM
    Certainly a very sensible suggestion, given its non-availability on TomTom!

However, this is OK if you already "know" where it is, but it bit more difficult/convoluted if you are using the SatNav to find an unknown location.

Additionally, in this particular case (after looking at a Sat-View of the location), there appears to be both a side-road & a main-road entrance into this particular development. Therefore, it is quite possible that the main-road access might have a restricted turn and/or access!

Obviously the most realistic answer is for TomTom to pull their "proverbial" out & get the updates released in a much more sensible timescale!!

Regards,
    John-Jay

Regards,

John-Jay