2nd hand Spark doesn't connect with iPhone. — TomTom Community

2nd hand Spark doesn't connect with iPhone.

kyradbkyradb Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi there,

I've connected my Spark watch with my account first, and I found out that the previous owner didn't put it back to factory settings. I got her stats in my account etc. So when I connected the Spark again I putted it back to factory settings. The watch does connect to my laptop, and I named it different. But it refuse to connect to my iPhone, it still finds the old watch name and then keeps on in the connecting loop.

Absolute legend who can help me out!

Cheers,

Kyra

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,787 Superusers
    I would start over, doing the steps in a specific order. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

Be aware there is a known issue for some users with the new update that prevents syncing. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • kyradbkyradb Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Cheers for your reply!

But I've done it all I guess. Read somewhere that I have to call with TomTom support and they can change the actual ownership. I don't know, I'm a bit stuck in an loop. It all works, but just somehow does not connect.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,787 Superusers
    As long as you factory reset it and set it up under a new email so it sets up a new account there is nothing else to be done. You are likely seeing the connection issue a number of users are seeing. If you ask the moderator on this post to revert your firmware it will roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/not-able-to-install-runner-3-firmware-v-1-7-53-1028204/index10.html#post1194142

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.