Swimming with Spark 3 — TomTom Community

Swimming with Spark 3

RemekRemek Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello, can u tell me why swimming isn't counting to my daily activity i mean this score of activity age. Also i want to ask if there is some reason why during swimming HR is turned off? i tried run mode underwater and HR works good. Last question is about programming my training, i can do this only with run and cycle, cant u make the same to swimming? i want to apply something like 100m swim, 30 sec rest and then make another distance of intervals, just like i can do it with running. It will be really helpfully for more people, thanks for answer.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    Only running and cycling contribute to your daily activity score as it is based on VO2Max which requires HR data (and VO2Max tables, which I'm not sure are available for swimming). HR is not enabled for swimming because the accuracy is not good enough to enable it. For many users there will be wildly inaccurate readings and it does not meet the standards required to enable it. While it may work good for you it is poor enough for enough people that they cannot enable it (Garmin and Polar also do not have it enabled for swimming for the same reason). There is no training for swimming and there will not be. Swimming is the least used function on the watch and has never been changed. I would not expect any changes now that they are leaving the wearables market altogether and not producing any more devices. This is something you are going to have to live with, I am afraid.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.