Runner 3 & HR sensor?

Zanie3
Zanie3 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi All. I am fairly new with my tom tom Runner 3 GPS watch, have it for 3 days now

My question is, I understood on website ect that the runner 3 has a built in heart rate sensor, mine does not. I did need it as I have ashma. Is it maybe a factory problem or are there basic models, withour the sensor??

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    Zanie3 wrote:
    Hi All. I am fairly new with my tom tom Runner 3 GPS watch, have it for 3 days now

My question is, I understood on website ect that the runner 3 has a built in heart rate sensor, mine does not. I did need it as I have ashma. Is it maybe a factory problem or are there basic models, withour the sensor??

There are models without built-in HR. You can tell by looking at the back of the watch and seeing if there are LEDs there or pressing down from the clock and going to about and looking at the name at the top, HR models will have Cardio in the name.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • chris_tod
    chris_tod Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Your website is misleading in that it says the runner 3 has a heart rate sensor when as you have stated above it does not..
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    The website is not misleading, there are several models, some of which include a built in HR and some of which do not. The models are:

Spark 3: No music, no HR
    Spark 3 Music; Music, no HR
    Spark 3 Cardio: No Music, HR
    Spark 3 Cardio + Music: Music and HR

It is clearly shown on the website and they even given comparisons between the models. You need to choose the one you want as part of the purchase process.
  • chris_tod
    chris_tod Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Attached is what I found on your website.... Could you advise which external heart sensor will link properly to the watch?
  • icemac
    icemac Registered Users Posts: 199
    Legendary Explorer