TomTom Multisports not charging/responding or recording!

BellawmBellawm Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited May 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Please HELP!! Watch worked fine until yesterday's ocean swim. Now it shows the clock and time still ticking along but it won't charge, it won't let me navigate to any other screen and it won't connect to the computer to download. I am doing an Olympic Triathlon in NINE DAYS time!!!!! Please help me - it won't allow me to press the down button to reset or anything. I am really disappointed that this has happened so close to my big event and I can't afford to buy another device in time.

Please HELP!!!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    It sounds like water got into the device and fried it. I would let it dry out (put it in a bowl of rice to speed the process). Once that is down try a factory reset and see if that helps. but it may be dead. If it is under warranty still you can call Customer support but they will not be able to do anything in nine days. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.