Notifications not working — TomTom Community

Notifications not working

Jax101Jax101 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Hi
i have the Tom Tom Touch Cardio.
I receive notifications on my watch for calls, however messages don't come through as a notification on my watch.
The software is up to date. i have also tried deleting the app on my iphone 7 and installing it again and repairing the watch.
None of this has helped.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,326
    Superusers
    Are you using the native message app? All you will get are notifications for calls and text messages from the native phone apps, no Facebook Messenger, What's App or other apps.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Jax101Jax101 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I receive call notifications for any calls i receive, be it a normal call, or a whats app call, however i do not receive any notifications for SMSs, whats apps, or imessages.
    If what you are saying is correct and i am understanding you then i should receive notifications for normal SMSs sent to may phone.
    What is the native message app?
    Superusers
    The one that comes with the phone as part of the OS, so iMessage for iPhones and Messages for Android.
    I am receiving the calls from the native app but not the messages. Do you have any advice on how I can ry the message notifications working?
    Superusers
    Try a factory reset. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.