TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

For those unable to pair after 1.6/1.7 update - report it to tomtom support for temp fix

charlesrrcharlesrr Posts: 67 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
After getting stuck at the pairing step (watch shows PIN but phone app doesn't notice and times out), I reported it to tomtom Support and have been rolled back to 1.3 (took a week for them to come back to me) via a factory reset (after they changed a setting at their end to ensure I got the right version). It's now back to 1.3 and it paired immediately. Bluetooth sync is more important to me than the new features added since 1.3, so check them before you decide.

Comments

• charlesrrcharlesrr Posts: 67 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Note: after I rolled back to a version that used to work fine (1.3), I hit another problem (reported by others too) that when it syncs to the app, I then have to force close the app in system/app/settings on the phone, and restart the app, before it will refresh the data to include the new activity and put it on strava....
  • eaudeeaude Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Weird. Did that multiple times through the app since the crapped firmware upgrade.
    Up to the point when the iOS app itself would freeze saying I had "network problems" (I have screen shot).
    Can you please share screen shots or anything on how that happened?
    I mean, TomTom actually reached out to you?
  • charlesrrcharlesrr Posts: 67 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    On how what happened? Do you mean how did I get the rollback offered? I raised a ticket on the support site I think and continued conversations via email
  • Rod WhiteRod White Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi

I started a support call on the rollback to 1.3 as suggested and also a user sent me this link. I've posted under this link to see who is faster, Support or the Jurgen.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/not-able-to-install-runner-3-firmware-v-1-7-53-1028204/index10.html#post1194142
  • Judd64Judd64 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Mines on the blink again. Got it working for awhile. Looks like I’ve bought a 400 dollar lemon.