Fitness Age increasing? — TomTom Community

Fitness Age increasing?

JoshvilleJoshville Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
This fitness age feature seriously needs some work. I got my Adventurer mid-September. Wore it for my first couple of runs/workouts, and it reported my fitness age as 20 (I'm 38). Nice... I work out 6 days a week, over 500 fitness points every time. "You're on your way to improving your fitness age!" OK, but I can't improve past 20. Oh well, nice to know I'm in shape. Oops, over 2 weeks later my age bumps to 24. Oh well, still pretty good, 20 was ridiculous. But it keeps going up. 10 days later I'm at 30. All the while I get "stars" 6 days a week, and messages that tell me that I'm well on my way to improving my fitness age. What gives? The numbers don't jive.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,853
    Superusers
    I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you. It does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • pparker48pparker48 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same experience for me on the fitness age with my new adventurer watch. I suspect it was not very accurate from the start. I'm 60 and work out 6-7 days a week.
    When I first started it says my fitness age was 35 on July 22. It's now August 16th and my fitness age has increased to 47. All along my workouts are over 1000 whatever that means and I get a bunch of stars. I suspect in another month it will get to my real age of 60.
    It seems like a pretty useless metric or perhaps it needs at least 6 months of data to be relevant and accurate. I really like the stars it makes me feel like kindergarten when I received those gold stars on my forehead. Honestly it is very entertaining metric and maybe that's it's real value because I get a happy hearty laugh every day when I feel like
    I really pushed myself only to gain two more years of fitness age. Maybe it won't be funny when I'm 75 fitness age at the end of 2018? Just kidding it will be funnier then.