Integration with Strava — TomTom Community

Integration with Strava

neldiogoneldiogo Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
TomTom Adventurer and Strava don't work together like other brands do. Even smaller players like Amazfit Pace from Xiaomi gets cadence and laps correctly on Strava.

Strava is an important part for training analysis and it's the preferred platform for almost anyone addicted to outdoor sports. So TomTom and Strava integration should be a top priority.

Currently there are a few issues that I'm sure wouldn't take many resources from TomTom (I know about the company not releasing new sport products) namely:

- Cadence is not transferred to Strava.
- Elevation gain does not match on Strava.
- Strava corrects TomTom Adventurer distance. Probably because TomTom calculates 3D distance.
- Laps from Intervals or the new workout planner are not correctly transferred to Strava. Only way to get correct lap info on Strava is with Manual Laps or the auto-laps from the watch. So basically we have a great and easy way to program the laps in the watch or more advanced on the website but this info is not seen on Strava.

Could we get an answer if you guys are working on solving this issues with Strava ?

This would immensely improve TomTom watches value.

Comments

• memphis_ESPmemphis_ESP Posts: 11 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problems as neldiogo. The graphic of elevation is correct, but the elevation gain is wrong.
  • neldiogoneldiogo Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Ok not even manual laps get transfered corretly to Strava. It's completly random
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,572
    Superusers
    The distance and elevation not matching is actually a Strava issue that TT has been trying to get fixed for years. Strava recalculates the data using its own algorithms, smoothing and elevation charts to come up with its own figures. The only watches it will not do this for our Garmin ones, for which it accepts it as is (because Garmin is the dominant force in the market they can force this). I am not sure what is driving cadence and laps not showing up. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, TT is leaving the wearables market so they really have no incentive to pursue this, they are not producing new watches, just selling out the stock they have and then it will be legacy support, I do not see them throwing any money after a market they have all but given up on.
    Yeah you're probably right. They will not put any new effort into these watches. I was just hoping they at least consolidate what they have currently.

Other thing I found lately is that manual lap is totally useless when you have to cover the screen. Most times it doesn't work if you sweat or it's raining. The water interferes with it and it simply doesn't work. They should assign a key to manual laps.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,572
    Superusers
    That has been requested since day one with no change, so again, don't expect it now. The issue with a button is that all button presses are already used, they would have to mess with long presses or something.
    Good news and unexpected! Strava now correctly transfer laps from intervals created in the watch!!! It seems that Strava or TomTom are working on sorting out the issues.