Lane counting while swimming

TheRoadrunner
TheRoadrunner Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I use my Spark 3 in the pool almost every week, and I must say I am impressed, that the watch is able to count the lanes at all. Must be some quite advanced algorithms analyzing movement there.
But almost every week it overcounts by one or two lanes (out of 40). It always happens if i do something out of the regular, like stopping for wash-out of my swimming glasses or similar. Things that take only a fraction of swimming a lane.
There should be a sanity check on the lane times, if I normally spend around 30 secs on a lane, I do not suddenly speed up to 10 seconds for a lane.
If it helps, I would gladly provide logs for your analysis?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Only being off 1 or 2 laps out of 40 is actually an amazingly accurate result, most people are far less accurate than this. Swimming is the least used function on the device and has never been changed so I would not expect any changes now that they are leaving the wearables market altogether and not producing any more devices. This is something you are going to have to live with, I am afraid.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TheRoadrunner
    TheRoadrunner Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    ... now that they are leaving the wearables market altogether and not producing any more devices. This is something you are going to have to live with, I am afraid.

Sad to hear TomTom is giving up - I think your product is great.