POLL - Connectivity issues after updating to 1.6.26/ 1.7.53 — TomTom Community

POLL - Connectivity issues after updating to 1.6.26/ 1.7.53

eaudeeaude Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Simple poll to assess how many of us are under siege after these updates.

[h1]AND MAYBE GET SOME ATTENTION FROM TOMTOM IN ORDER TO HAVE THIS FIXED[/h1]

If you're having ANY kind of connectivity issues after updating to the latest firmwares, please just reply with your platform and TomTom device.
Let's help them figure it out!

Allow me to begin:

iOS 10.2
TomTom Spark 2

Comments

• J_DeeJ_Dee Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    iOS 10.3
    TomTom Spark Cardio + Music
  • eaudeeaude Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks bro. Anyone else wanna join?
    C'mon fellas! 19 views and 2 posts?!
    Let's flood this thread with useful data so the TOMTOM geniuses can fix this!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,907 Superusers
    Not going to happen. Nothing you do or say will change their strategy or get them to move faster. Since they are leaving the wearables market and laying off a lot of staff, it may never get fixed. They are not selling new devices so customer loyalty is now moot point, you are left at the whim of TT.
  • ForbsieForbsie Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    IOS 11 and IOS 10
    Runner 3 Cardio
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Not going to happen. Nothing you do or say will change their strategy or get them to move faster. Since they are leaving the wearables market and laying off a lot of staff, it may never get fixed. They are not selling new devices so customer loyalty is now moot point, you are left at the whim of TT.

Super weird strategy whilst releasing two "MAJOR" firmware updates brother.
    Like sending your GF flowers, chocolates and champagne only to break up with her a lil later :?
    Anyways, would've been kind of you to add your device and OS ;)
    [h1] 141 views and only 3 posts?!? [/h1]
  • luca69xluca69x Posts: 36 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear eaude, I'm writing about all forum post posts but none of tomtom knows how to answer, Jurgen just says factory reset at 1.3.255, maximum incompetence, I also wrote on facebook and directly to help but they do not do anything , painful, it only saves me that I spent so much money otherwise I changed to Garmin, did not have the music but it works fine.
  • DurexDurex Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.3
    Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Android 7.0
    TomTom Runner 2 Cardio + Music

The problem is on pairing/connection process.
    When i upgraded direcly from 1.3.255 to 1.7.53 it kept syncing, but then, because of the new phone notification issue, i have needed to forget the watch from the phone and pair it again and it stoped working since than.
  • CangurocolcascoCangurocolcasco Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lg G3 Marshmallow
    Spark 3 (1.7.53)
    There is no way of pairing the phone with the watch. After showing a pin for a few seconds, the watch returns on the previous menu page. The phone, on the other hand, keeps trying to pair without success. Awful. But....DO THEY TEST THE SOFTWARE RELEASES BEFORE MAKING THEM PUBLIC? Just a stupid question.....
  • ou999ou999 Posts: 74 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Actually, I'm also interested in the configurations that do work - for example, do other users running iOS 11 with a Spark 2 Music + Cardio have problems with the new firmware? I did not upgrade yet - but maybe this is not a risky configuration?
  • dikkiadikkia Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    TomTom Runner 2 Cardio + Music...androod...xiaomi mi5
  • JanesrichieJanesrichie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. New to the forum but having issues connecting my Spark 3 to my laptop. It always connected in the past but now it does not get recognized so can't upload/download trails or sync. When plug in the USB I get the connecting sound from PC but no window to say charging etc. been trying on and off all day.

Any ideas please appreciated
  • CidraqueCidraque Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Xiaomi Mi5s Android 7.0
    TomTom Runner 3
  • elosivaxelosivax Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    There is no way of pairing the phone with the watch. After showing a pin for a few seconds, the watch returns on the previous menu page. The phone, on the other hand, keeps trying to pair without success. Awful. But....DO THEY TEST THE SOFTWARE RELEASES BEFORE MAKING THEM PUBLIC? Just a stupid question.....

Runner 2, Galaxy S7

First i updated the firm, and i paired clock and phone but the activities didn't refresh. Then i updated the app in my S7, and i couldn't pair the phone since that moment.

Bye.
  • KuunlanKuunlan Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Lg G3 Marshmallow
    Spark 3 (1.7.53)

Just bought the runner 3 today. Having the same issue with IOS.

I have no problems connecting with the PC.
  • npachternpachter Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here, since the last update, the activities do not sync with my mobile anymore (daily steps do sync, just activities don't).
    I have runner 3 cardio + mp, software version 1.7.53, the my mobile app is the latest (9.0.2).
  • patpalloonpatpalloon Posts: 105 [Master Explorer]
    Was working fine, now suddenly today not synching at all. Samsung S5 mini Android 6.0.1 TTS 9.0.2
  • IonaMac1982IonaMac1982 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    iPhone 5s ios 11.0.3
    TomTom Runner 2 cardio + music Software version 1.7.53

Having the same issues as a few folk, updated the ios on my phone and software on my watch but watch and phone lost connectivity and can no longer pair them. As soon as it asks for pin, the watch goes back to the menu screen, it is driving me nuts!!
  • maggotsmummaggotsmum Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Having the same issues with my tom-tom spark 3. Will no longer pair with my phone. No recent data transferring to the computer despite plugging it in with the USB lead. Totally fed up. Have uninstalled the app. Updated all the apps and the watch. Even factory reset it, still not pairing.
  • bbakercobbakerco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lost connectivity between iPhone / iPad and Spark 3+. Was working fine before watch update yesterday.
  • jdd_ohiojdd_ohio Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am also having trouble syncing via bluetooth/phone app. I can sync through the pc, however. I have tried the suggested factory reset, etc. The trouble began about a month ago on the last update to the Sports App, I think. When I try to pair the phone/watch, the watch shows the 6 digit code briefly and then goes back to menu, but the phone keeps spinning, saying "Connecting... Please wait. We are connecting your device."

This is quite frustrating. I have used this watch/app reliably for about 18 mos and it has been a great product. I just need to get it syncing again... thanks.

TomTom Spark 2 w/cardio&music (v 1.7.53)
    Android 6.0.1
    Samsung: SM-S320VL
  • bbakercobbakerco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I finally got it back up and working. Just updated my iPhone to v 11. Initially, that alone didn't fix it. I had to go through the whole, forget this device on my iPhone, go into the TT Sports App then Manage then pair a new device and put my watch into "Pair new" mode. It took a couple tries but then the watch showed the PIN and I put that in the App and now it is all working correctly. I used the FAQ on troubleshooting connectivity issues and that was a somewhat helpful guide because even though I've had the watch for about 9 months, I couldn't remember the initial connection process because it starts automatically the first time you use the system.

What a PITA though.

Hope this helps others.
    Bryan
  • AsteinAstein Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear Tomtom, Where can I get my money back? The whole purpose of a wearable is the connectivity..... Now it is just an expensive iPod.

Please do not forget that many of us are also customers of products you do want to continue selling.

O, and also please consider compensation for the time spent getting this thing to work the way you sold it to us.
  • DebsdebsmacDebsdebsmac Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No connection from Runner 3 to iPad or iPhone since update, data transfers when connected to PC.
  • Pierre08Pierre08 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Andriod 7.0
    Tomtom runner3 music + cardio