Are TomTom Web payments not working? Tried to purchase but won't work. — TomTom Community

Are TomTom Web payments not working? Tried to purchase but won't work.

qednick1qednick1 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 22 in Map purchasing
I tried two different credit cards to make a purchase of Canada maps via the TomTom web site but it just says "Sorry an error occurred". The cards are good and so was all the info I put in including the exact billing address. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Thinking we may as well just use the cell phone for GPS in Canada now.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,170 Superusers
    Try calling support on Monday:

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST

Curious. What model device do you have?
  • GBG727GBG727 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I have tried 8 times with 2 different CC's and while doing on the phone to them, all i get is "it's your CC"
    No it's not it's Tomtom and all i get is fobbed off
  • TheAgarsTheAgars Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here. Phone number is not working for me at the moment either. My wife and I have been trying to purchase UK maps for our trip for the past couple weeks. We leave on the 2nd of october. When I phone all I get is "due to technical difficulties we are unable to route your call. please call again". Very frustrating as a consumer.
  • GBG727GBG727 Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Good luck with that,
    if i was you i would save you money and download google maps to your phone at least you know they will work
  • KirkshawnKirkshawn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have been trying for a month to purchase updated maps, and keep getting the same error message. ? Might be better off buying a different product? Thoughts or advice?
    Have you tried calling support?:
    1 877-757-7137
  • bmw645cibmw645ci Posts: 5 [New Traveler]
    forget TOMTOM use WAZE, its free, up to date and it gives you Real time traffic info and tells you, based on the coyote, where danger and cops are. Maps are constantly updatet FOR FREE. not like TOMTOM who makes you pay redicule prices for simple corrections. So TOMTOM goodbye and till never again.
  • bmw645cibmw645ci Posts: 5 [New Traveler]
    USE WAZE. Waze.com
  • Aries39Aries39 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have same problem - cannot buy map on web or TomTom Home more then 2 year. Sometimes i try repeat process, but always same result - "Unknown error" or some requests to change my post office number.
    I do not have the patience to solve similarly misplaced unsuccessful. Plus so expensive!
    Call support to help:

Ceská Republika
    +420 23 90 00 491
    pondelí-pátek 09:00-17:30
  • BiwingBiwing Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Go 720 - Same problem here. Just got the brush off that product is no longer supported. I downloaded updates in the last two weeks to the 720 that was stolen and now another 720 purchased (used) is giving me this same message at the complete payment screen.

It's a good thing that I didn't pay for another year of quarterly updates I guess!!!

NOT satisified with TomTom anymore. They've gone down hill in the route navigation world. They have forgotten the ones that do not use all of the latest and Greatest? gadgets, but only want to get from here to there by MY chosen route. I route in another software and down load it to the 720 much faster than using the 720 to do it.

Very close to saying good buy to TomTom! ...........................
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Biwing

"M6">GO 720, 2GB + SD 2GB, TomTom HOME

As long as the serial number starts with "M6" then it is not "End of life" so give Customer Service a call to sort out your subscriptions

CS United States
    877-757-7137
    Thank you for the information. The support rag head's computer apparently never told him to restore to the sim card and down load to it when it is selected at startup. Tech support needs to hire compenet help although this one did manage to turn away a customer!
    Followup:
    The information below was done at my own risk and WITHOUT any help/advice from tech support. Your experience doing this may not have the same results.

I couldn't do a restore to the sim using HOME so I deleated all of the files (Sans the System Volume Information folder) from the internal and SIM then copied back (using windows explorer) the files from a backup done at the time of the map download that was done a month ago to the unit that was stolen. the files were installed to the opposite directories from the backup ie: I installed the backup internal memory to the SIM and the storage directory the internal folder.
    I did a reboot and lo and behold, everything started right up including the custom trike icon that I had designed. I then went thru Home and did a map update and all went well!
    I cleaned up some of the non used files that I had on the original that I had created like music and photos then did a backup of the changes. As of tonight, it is working great again.
    I guess that there wasn't enough space left on the internal memory for a larger map file causing the error message above.
    PS I will be looking for replacement 'sales' of the 720's as I figure that with 10 or so, I will be able to plan itineraries for the remaining years of my life. When you have something good, stay with it !!!!