iOS app upgrade issue-"Unable to connect, please try again" — TomTom Community

iOS app upgrade issue-"Unable to connect, please try again"

polly83polly83 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
After many years of using the iOS TomTom app, it appears as though it is time to give up on it. Supposedly there is a free upgrade, which I cannot get hold of, no matter what I try.
I try logging in to my account and all I ever get (for 7 days now) is "Unable to connect, please try again". I have reset my password 3 times (and the fact I am logged in here should mean the account/password is good).
I've tried downloading the new GO app and trying to get the upgrade from there, no luck.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,207 Superusers
    Tried calling support?:
    United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Polly,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you get this sorted already? If not, I'd recommend you to check that internet connection is enabled for the app in the iOS settings. Also, use only Wi-Fi® connection for the upgrade and map download.

The following video walks you through the upgrading process:
    [video]

Cheers, Mikko
  • matpol1979matpol1979 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. Any suggestion?
    thx
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,095 TomTom Moderator
    matpol1979 wrote:
    I have the same problem. Any suggestion?thx

Hi

Welcome to the Community!

I checked your account details and found that the 3 years subscription is already assigned to your account. Now you can just open the GO Mobile App and log in to use the subscription.

Hope it helps!

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• ihcurihcur Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I cannot download the 3 years free subscription and I always get the connectivity error. Tried to create a new account or reset the password with no luck. Any idea? Someone has been able to solve the problem?