SUGGESTION- Whatsapp notification — TomTom Community

SUGGESTION- Whatsapp notification

XherdanXherdan Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
Phone call and text notification work great! You might add whatsapp notification updating the mobile app

Comments

• MhogendoornMhogendoorn Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Yes. I would like that too. Who is using plain old text sms notifications nowadays.. Might also be nice to have the ability to choose which notifications one would like to receive on the watch.
  • SportnixSportnix Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    +1, its really wierd that we can have text messages displayed ( which is really a dead fucntionality these days ) and not WhatsApp. Does anyone still use text ?
  • XherdanXherdan Posts: 26 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Who is using plain old text sms notifications nowadays...

I am totally agree with you. I hope they will implement Whatsapp notifications in the winter update because now the TT watches have a new BT connection totally re-written which let you do that. To be honest i don't know if it sufficient an upgrade of the mobile app for that or it requires a new firmware.
  • GolfOmegaGolfOmega Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    +1 for this, can't be that hard to add additional notifications now they have the basics
  • VinnyJVinnyJ Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    +1 I personally would like it, but it tends more to a smart watch rather a sport watch when that happens.
    Maybe are more setting required, like from who you want or don't want a notification from, and like groupchats etc.
  • BomauieBomauie Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Would be great :D:D
  • jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I have them on the Go 6200
  • tuomiotuomio Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    +1 from here. Support for 3rd party apps, at least Whatsapp, Telegram and gmail.
    I am not sure why they can't add it to other satnav types as I can choose which notifications I want to receive on the satnav from ANY app on my phone.
  • GolfOmegaGolfOmega Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @jak68 we are talking tomtom Sport watches not satnavs
    whoops sorry just ignore my comments......long day :8
  • FDFDFDFD Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    +1 besides the SMS of the last century, I believe users would welcome a configurable list of applications they want to recieve messages from.

BTW, messages are too short: when I pay with my credit card, only the beginning of the message is appearing on the watch, so I do not see the amount I payed - totally useless this way. Never got SMS other than my bank.
    FDFD wrote:
    BTW, messages are too short: when I pay with my credit card, only the beginning of the message is appearing on the watch

Yes I hope they add an option to scroll down in order to view more texts.
  • xray79xray79 Posts: 160 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    For me these features are nice gimmicks and i believe TT developed them due to promises made in the past. As TomTom is moving away from the sports segment i wouldn't count on any changes in these features. But you never know if they might surprise us with some new/improved features.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    xray79 wrote:
    For me these features are nice gimmicks and i believe TT developed them due to promises made in the past. As TomTom is moving away from the sports segment i wouldn't count on any changes in these features. But you never know if they might surprise us with some new/improved features.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They had promised phone notifications and advertised it so they had to implement it in some way. i think this basically useless system is their way of fulfilling that promise and that is it. I do not expect to see any more than this.
    xray79 wrote:
    i believe TT developed them due to promises made in the past. As TomTom is moving away from the sports segment i wouldn't count on any changes in these features.

Yes I think you are right although it is a very poor integration :(
  • DUCzillaDUCzilla Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I switched, from fitbit to polar to tomtom, almost the perfect one, after trying the two previous for 14 days. It will be the perfect watch for me and a lot of other people when add whatsapp notifications!! Its 2017 tomtom, not 2007anymore ;-)
  • HurkensHurkens Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    any news when we can get whatsapp notificatins?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    Hurkens wrote:
    any news when we can get whatsapp notificatins?

Never? TomTom has given no indication they plan on adding this. They added phone notifications to meet advertised promises and it was a minimal addition. Considering they have now left the wearables industry and are no longer producing devices, they have no incentive to expand this. I would expect to see nothing beyond bug fixes (if that) from now on.
  • rafaellbbsrafaellbbs Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I would like to receive Whatsapp notifications on my touch cardio as well.