Data export from Touch — TomTom Community

Data export from Touch

vstormevstorme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
I own a tomtom touch and on the sports website I indicated that I want to export my data as .tif, tcx and cvs. I assume that the export occurs automatically upon connecting my tomtom touch to my laptop. Where can I find these files back?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,385
    Superusers
    They will be in a dated folder under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom Sports\{Watch Name}, but only for sports activities for which you start an activity, not for 24/7 activity tracking.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • vstormevstorme Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I found this folder but there is nothing there. I did start/stop an activity, but still there is nothing exported. I indicated the filetypes on https://mysports.tomtom.com/app/settings/exporters/ and it says "File connected" Is there something else I need to do?
  • GSaundersGSaunders Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Did the activity you were tracking show up on the website? If it did, it means the tracker downloaded the data directly through the bluetooth connection on your phone through the syncing process (I am assuming that you have it set up that way). I have a TomTom Spark2 and occasionally have had this problem where an activity is synced and it shows up on the website before I'm able to hook up the cable and sync it that way.

If that is the case, you actually have to find the appropriate file on your phone by connecting your phone to your computer and moving it to the directory on your computer that corresponds to your device serial number under the "User/,name./TomTom" directory. The next time you manually connect you should be able to go to the "setup" page where it should give you the option of retrying the download. It will then put the files in the proper directory.

A quick, short workaround is to turn off the Bluetooth on your phone at the very end of the activity. I know while my Spark 2 is looking at my HR recovery, if I turn off the BT on the phone until I manually connect the watch to the computer, it will prevent me from having to hunt down the file and manually retrying the download. Just a thought. Hope it helps.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,385
    Superusers
    Are you syncing by the app or the PC? You can only get data files if you sync by PC, it has no way to transfer the files to your machine if you do it by app as you have no physical connection to the computer.