Personalized Workouts — TomTom Community

Personalized Workouts

neldiogoneldiogo Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
This is a great adition. For now I noticed that it's not possible to create a custom heartrate zone out of the presets.

I want to be able to set my own zone like 120-160bpm. This would be perfect and already available on the simple workouts created on the watch.

Comments

• Karel_RunKarel_Run Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    That would be super useful..

I'm curious, are you able to save custom workouts? Spent a long time setting up a run and the Done button just remains greyed out.. Clicking it scraps the entire workout after giving a warning that it will do that:8
  • Antonio TavantiAntonio Tavanti Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    neldiogo wrote:
    This is a great adition. For now I noticed that it's not possible to create a custom heartrate zone out of the presets.

I want to be able to set my own zone like 120-160bpm. This would be perfect and already available on the simple workouts created on the watch.
    If you go to your profile settings you can adjust your zones ranges, so it's just a matter of mapping the default labels to different heart rates. That's what I did.
  • neldiogoneldiogo Posts: 18 [Outstanding Explorer]
    This is not pratical. I have pre-defined HR zones set by a coach were I'm supposed to train. But some trains there is an overlap of 2 zones.
    I train 5-6 times a week so I can't keep changing the HR zones on each train.
    It's a simple software change.

Yes I can Karel_Run Did 2 trains with personalized workouts. Other issue is that I only get an alert for changing the pace and not an alert when I'm above or below the HR/Pace zone.
  • Antonio TavantiAntonio Tavanti Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    I know it is not practical, I also wanted custom ranges and this is just a workaround I came up with.

Also, what you say about the watch not alerting you when you fail to stay in a zone is not good news to me. I still have to try custom workouts out, but activating them in a fake recording at home did give me that impression.

This ought to be fixed, otherwise the feature is going to lose much of its supposed usefulness.