Pair Runner 3 to Huawei P9 — TomTom Community

Pair Runner 3 to Huawei P9

JKA1971JKA1971 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I had a Runner 3 that attached to my Huawei P9 but exchanged it because of battery problems.
I am now trying to pair my new replacement Runner 3 cardio with my Huawei P9. The phone picks up the watch but when I try pair them the PIN appears on the watch but the phone screen doesn’t come up with the keypad to enter it. Then they both time out.
I tried going to bluetooth settings and making sure it has forgotten any connection. I tried reinstalling mysports on the phone. I tried connecting direct through settings rather than through the app. I even tried connecting to another phone (a Windows one) and this didn't connect either.
Android version 6.0, Watch software 1.7.53 - which I think is the latest

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,813 Superusers
    You need to follow the steps in a specific order. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • JKA1971JKA1971 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks. I followed your instructions exactly (except for "remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu" because it wasn't there to forget).
    And I have the same problem. See picture.
    PIN showing on watch, phone doesn't give me the opportunity to enter it.
  • charlesrrcharlesrr Posts: 67 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    This is a known problem with v1.6/1.7. Report it to tomtom support. I was offered a rollback and now it works again (1.3)
  • gscott19702gscott19702 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    charlesrr wrote:
    This is a known problem with v1.6/1.7. Report it to tomtom support. I was offered a rollback and now it works again (1.3)

Is the rollback only something TomTom can do or are we able to do it ourselves?
    Tomtom have to set a switch at their end. Then you do a factory reset via the PC app
    Ah ok - thanks for the quick reply. I'll give them a call if they haven't released a fix in the next week or two.
    JKA1971 - just to make you aware there's a phone number showing below your name that's visable to all.
  • JKA1971JKA1971 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks. Can't see it, nor how to hide. Any ideas?
    I can't see it either
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,305 TomTom Moderator
    JKA1971 wrote:
    thanks. Can't see it, nor how to hide. Any ideas?

I've already removed the phone number from your profile.

Cheer, lampard