Feature request: Current time, distance to go battery level and signal bars on display

pdorzakpdorzak Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in TomTom VIO
Hello.
I simply love my VIO but it should have some more info on the display. First of all please add current time and distance to go. Knowing that I will arrive at 13:20 does not tell me how much longer I will have to ride. For short distances it does not matter but my rides are often 2 hrs or more long so I stare at the display and try to guess how long I'm on the bike already. Frustrating. Distance to go also is very helpful. Having VIO and phone battery levels is maybe not essential but it would bring a pure comfort of taking break to recharge when convenient not when one of the devices goes off. Mobile network signal? I would like to have it, my routes often take me to the areas where is no coverage and having info on the display would help me to stop to make a call where the phone can actually be used not where it's a smart brick. Left hand side of the display could accommodate all of the readouts with ease without obscuring the map too much. Maybe something like on the pic attached?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Ribolla93Ribolla93 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    First the machine should works properly with Iphones, rather than only Android ones...
    The info you guess to get on the screen would help a lot, since using the gps and bt connections always on it use quite a lot of battery power. I always keep the Vio with charge cable on, and sometime also the phone via usb connectors on my bike.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,702 TomTom Moderator
    Hi pdorzak,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for your feedback, I'll log it as an improvement request for the product team to review. :)

Cheers, lampard
    I have parked the bike, but I will go on with trials using the Vio in my car, and checking the connection with iphone. This morning I used and when it disconnected, it was simply necessary to put the Vio in stand by and again on in a while, and it reconnected tomthe iphone by itself. It’s not perfect, but at least it’s no more necessary to reset both devices!
    I give up!!! I am going to sell my Tomtom Vio. It definitively doesn't works with an iPhone. I am fed up with it.
    I will buy a "real" gps like Tomtom Rider.
    I had it in the past and it was working properly.
    It's incomprensible to me how Tomtom can have made such a mistake.
  • pdorzakpdorzak Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Iampard. Getting this done would make a whole world of difference.

I wonder why frustrated iPhone owners tend to post their complaints at random in not related topics.
  • pdorzakpdorzak Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Ribolla93,

I have given up a regular SatNav device and use VIO in the car too. It's much easier to maintain one address book and on top of everything I can prepare my journeys while in the living room, office or the coffee shop. Somehow never crossed my mind carrying bulky SatNav in my pocket while the mobile phone is always with me... :)
  • MaxSaxMaxSax Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,
    Tomtom vio with iPhone 7 and iOS 11.0.2. it works very well, it does not disconnect. Easy to use, comfortable in the bike.
    Unfortunately IOS app is worse than Android app. There are many less functions.........
    An upgrade is required.
    Thank you