Sound cracking - only with internet connection(RIDER 450)

TrackingTracking Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited January 27 in RIDER
Hi,
I just bought a Rider 450. When I connect it to the phone to recieve traffic information (by internet sharing the iPhone) the direction sounds are cracking in my headset. I can hear the direction, but it's really annoying.

The strangest thing is that all is clear when i disconnect the internet sharing! Then it all works and the sound is crystal clear. I've updated the Tomtom Rider and the headset (Cardio Scala Rider G4) but the problem remains the same.

I'm not sure, but it seems like the problem is probably with the Tomtom? Or maby it's the just the guy fiddeling with it in need of an update... Anyway this seems to be the place to get the answer!

I searched the forum and found something similar with the previous models of Rider. Shurely Tomtom have adressed this and found a solution?

Thanks from Bjorn in Sweden.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Bjorn,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the current Rider range with certain headset and pone combinations. We're investigating the issue, but unfortunately don't have a solution at the moment. What's been helpful for many is to delete all pairings from your Rider, phone and headset, reset them all and re-pair.

Should this not help you sort this out, please contact Customer Service. They'll be able to gather the required details to help our technicians look into this.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sadly to know that also in rider 450 this issue still exists. Only solution from TomTom is to reset device and pair the bt connections over and over again.
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 257 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Tracking wrote:
    The strangest thing is that all is clear when i disconnect the internet sharing! Then it all works and the sound is crystal clear. I've updated the Tomtom Rider and the headset (Cardio Scala Rider G4) but the problem remains the same.

Hej Björn,

This is a very well both known as well as discussed topic here, I personally don't find the live traffic very helpful and to disable that but still have the connectivity to other Tomtom services available you can just go to Settings -> System and then unchecking share your location or whatever it is called, don't have the Rider in front of me right now ... This also clear the hoarse voice and Live Traffic most often give you strange routes anyway ... ;-)

Just my 50 öre ...

have a nice one,
    Anders

• eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    there is long topic called "hoarse voice"...
    But don't worry since tomtom is working on that :)
  • jelle1970jelle1970 Posts: 93 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Not working on it, still investigate it. And eventually there will be no solution for this problem.
  • Cobra600Cobra600 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi Mikko,

I also (still) have this sound problem with my Rider 450 and the rider is always with the latest software/updates.
    Paired with the SENA FMH5FM, with perfect clear sound, but the moment my iPhone 6 is connected via the rider it seems to disturb the clear sound each time the live traffic gives a new update each two/three minutes.
    The advice to disable live traffic via the settings/system (and keep other connections) is strange to do as I also need updates on camera's. And live traffic is always good to have.

So please TomTom ..... fix this with an update. It is software related in TT rider 450.

Thanks TT
    Hi Mikko,

It would be nice and friendly to respond on observations/suggestion. AND maybe you have some expatation on this subject.
    Eventually the issue is known !!!!

Thanks
  • SBDJSBDJ Posts: 15
    I think suggesting that the reset/pair procedure has helped 'many' is overstating things a little.

In fact I would say that none who have reported this problem publically have ever got it fixed at all without some form of compromise.

That TomTom - who at one stage had a fix in the works for release this time LAST YEAR, which then slipped to the new year (and has now vanished entirely) - still haven't fixed this is a shocking treatment of their paying customers. The only reason I checked in was because I got a random support email a few days ago telling me to wipe and update to fix this issue.

TomTom have a long way to go before I ever part with money for one of their products again.
    TomTom is reading but not responding ..... shocking !!!