TomTom Runner 2 cardio firmware — TomTom Community

TomTom Runner 2 cardio firmware

CD3CD3 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Just got a runner 2 watch direct from Tom Tom and set it up - noticed the firmware is 1.2.0 - Ive looked at some threads and they say theres some connectivity issues in the later updates, I believe the 1.3.255 if I recall correctly seems most stable.

My question is assuming Im not able to update to the above (which I doubt) should I stay on 1.2.0 or upgrade to latest? Seems to be lots of features released since then

Thanks in advance

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,088 Community Manager
    CD3 wrote:
    Just got a runner 2 watch direct from Tom Tom and set it up - noticed the firmware is 1.2.0 - Ive looked at some threads and they say theres some connectivity issues in the later updates, I believe the 1.3.255 if I recall correctly seems most stable.

My question is assuming Im not able to update to the above (which I doubt) should I stay on 1.2.0 or upgrade to latest? Seems to be lots of features released since then

Thanks in advance
    Hi CD3,

We closely monitor posts here on the forum and customer contacts. While it may look very bad here it in fact isn't. Simply hardly anyone posts here that everything went well and that they're happy. :)

Please update to the latest version. Chances are very low that something goes wrong.

Regards,
    Jürgen
  • Hagrats123Hagrats123 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!! Significant BT issues with the latest firmware version...... i.e. it doesn't sync. At all.....
  • mostwanted7mostwanted7 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Nah, let him do it. Let the mod encourage him to do it. Let the company dig their own grave. He will just return the watch and take money back soon anyways, like I am doing on monday.

P.S. Just bought a watch, and it’s completely disfunctional for me as a linux user. Linux app doesnt exist, and bluetooth sync doesnt work.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,830 Superusers
    Nah, let him do it. Let the mod encourage him to do it. Let the company dig their own grave. He will just return the watch and take money back soon anyways, like I am doing on monday.

P.S. Just bought a watch, and it’s completely disfunctional for me as a linux user. Linux app doesnt exist, and bluetooth sync doesnt work.

That is why it says right on the box that it requires a Windows or Mac computer or an iOS or Android operating system.
  • dikkiadikkia Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Sure so why i have sync prob even if im a win and android users?this is not written in the box....isn't it ? ;)
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,830 Superusers
    dikkia wrote:
    Sure so why i have sync prob even if im a win and android users?this is not written in the box....isn't it ? ;)

I was referring to the comment about there not being Linux app. If you read the forums or do a search you will see there is a known issue with syncing for some users with the update. They are working on a patch to be released soon.
  • dikkiadikkia Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Sure but...did u noticed that a mod is suggesting an update to user even if " there is a known issue with syncing for some users with the update"!?! ;)
  • cheekychimpcheekychimp Posts: 209 Superusers

An unofficial version of Tom Tom Sports Connect does exist for Linux users.

See link https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24741
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,088 Community Manager
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24741