TomTom Sport App not syncing with Spark 3

MER_JN
MER_JN Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
After 1st day and sync problem, I followed instructions I removing and returning Tom Tom Spark 3 from my Android Bluetooth, and it synced, but the next day it failed to sync again. What's the problem? How do I get it to keep syncing?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    The watch is not always looking for the phone. You need to have the app open on the phone (it will not sync in the background) and wake the watch up. I personally open the app, go into the watch and click left from the clock to wake up the watch. It syncs immediately every time. The key is the app has to be open and active on the phone and the watch needs to be activated (pressing any button will wake it up). You may want to uninstall the app and repair the phone (make sure you have the phone forget the watch in the BT settings as well). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove the watch from the phones BT menu (hit the i icon next to the watch and select Forget This Device in iOS), reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you have to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (outside of the app) before pairing again.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MER_JN
    MER_JN Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    That's exactly what I did before and did again. It syncs once, and then doesn't sync again. Thanks for trying.
  • JodiLMay
    JodiLMay Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    My TomTom Spark 3 is NOT syncing with my phone. This has only happened since updating!! Wish I never did so. I have reset the watch back to factory settings twice, I have deleted the app and reinstalled both the app and the watch. STILL NO SYNC, my phone will not even pick up my watch. NOTHING has worked. VERY VERY frustrated. I loved how it was simple to sync my watch with my phone but NOT anymore. None of the mentioned re-boot fixes have helped.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    JodiLMay wrote:
    My TomTom Spark 3 is NOT syncing with my phone. This has only happened since updating!! Wish I never did so. I have reset the watch back to factory settings twice, I have deleted the app and reinstalled both the app and the watch. STILL NO SYNC, my phone will not even pick up my watch. NOTHING has worked. VERY VERY frustrated. I loved how it was simple to sync my watch with my phone but NOT anymore. None of the mentioned re-boot fixes have helped.

If you read the forums or do a search you will see this is a known issue for some users with the update. They are working on a patch to be released soon.
  • frankk3f
    frankk3f Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    O I really hope they will fix it quick;