Fitness points are calculated strange (or even not at all)

Robiris
Robiris Registered Users Posts: 17
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I like the option to earn fitness points but I don't understand the way they are calculated. On sunday I did a bike ride of 3,5h in the dutch mountains ;) and I didn't earn any points. On the site in the fitness points screen it even said there was no activity on sunday :?. In the activity screen it is there. Weird thing....The ride was recorded by a Garmin device and afterwards send to TT. That can't be a problem because on other rides it worked very well
So how can that be? And yes I did read the manual about this new function

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,952
     Superuser
    How did you send an activity from Garmin to TT, there is no way to import activities into MySports that were not created on a TT watch? You are only going to get fitness point for activities that use a TT device.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Robiris
    Outstanding Explorer
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    How did you send an activity from Garmin to TT, there is no way to import activities into MySports that were not created on a TT watch? You are only going to get fitness point for activities that use a TT device.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

Oh yes you can. I use an app called SyncMyTracks, it can synchronise activities between different systems. You can look at this example from another ride. It's complete with all data, like speed, distance and even heartrate. And as you can see I did earn fitnesspoints
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,952
     Superuser
    Very interesting, this is the first app I have seen that is able to insert data into TT. Plenty of them can pull it out, but up until now only TT devices recorded data in MySports.
  • Robiris
    Outstanding Explorer
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Very interesting, this is the first app I have seen that is able to insert data into TT. Plenty of them can pull it out, but up until now only TT devices recorded data in MySports.

As you see never to old to learn :D. It works great . is very important to me because I own different equipment. My daily tracker is a fitbit (try to integrate that also in TT), my bike rides are recorded by a Garmin Edge (TT has no navigation for bikes), and for my runs I use my Spark 3 (Garmin has no watches with music).
    But my "problem" why I didn't earn any points for that race is still a riddle
  • falejandro
    falejandro Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi Robiris... this is very interesting post, thanks for this.

As tfarabaugh mentioned, from the TomTom side there is not official or supported way to import activities from other sites into the TomTom ecosystem. At this moment there is not agreement from TomTom to support SyncMyTracks, therefore any injection of activities into TomTom Sports, done by asking your TomTom credentials, are not supported nor encouraged if you want to use TomTom functionalities.
  • TimOfOrlando
    TimOfOrlando Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I ran 8.01 miles the other day and get 1684 points. Ran 8.13 miles yesterday at about the same pace and only get 853 points..
    Zero points for all gym work out (weight lifting) regardless of duration or intensity.
  • Mannomission
    Mannomission Registered Users Posts: 8
    Master Explorer
    I ran 8.01 miles the other day and get 1684 points. Ran 8.13 miles yesterday at about the same pace and only get 853 points..
    Zero points for all gym work out (weight lifting) regardless of duration or intensity.

Seeing something similar to this but i noticed for the runs my heat rate was in "Peak" mode a good bit more on one of the runs even though my time/distance were pretty much matching, so i reckon the points might be looking at that.

Also seeing very low readings for gym sessions but similarly the heart rate zones are more in the lower zones for this...........but an breakdown explanation would be good.
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    The points are highly depending on the heart rate zones but also the duration of the run/ride. The longer you go the more difficult it will to get points. But also the peak HR zones will give you points faster. I once did a breakdown of 2 'similar' runs with different points and the HR zones were also close but off course not the same and the overall idea was that the minor difference in HR zones caused the points to accumulate differently. I have never seen a real breakdown and i guess it's just an estimate so i don't pay to much attention to it.