Does watch broadcast information to headphones or iphone in real time? — TomTom Community

Does watch broadcast information to headphones or iphone in real time?

TomWWTomWW Posts: 227 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
1. Can the watch broadcast to bluetooth headphones information about your activity? For example, cut into the music to tell you your HR, length of run, etc., maybe every 2 mins or so.

2. Can the watch broadcast the HR to your phone in the activity? For example, if you're doing a spin class, can I put the phone in front of me and see my HR from the watch?

Comments

• TomWWTomWW Posts: 227 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Sorry, meant to post in TT Adventurer forum...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it.

The watch does not broadcast HR in real time, it is a receiver, not a transmitter.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.